Thursday Yoga Classes London ON
South London Yoga Classes schedule
At 119 Exeter Road London ON N6L 1A4
(Free Parking, Wheel Chair Accessible)
SAVY Healer (Sign up for package) – 6 am to 7.30 am
Mantra (AUM) Meditation (Sign up for package) – 7.30 am to 8.30 am
SAVY Vinyasa- 9.30 am to 10.30 am
Yoga for Chakra/ Kundalini Awakening (Sign up for package) – 10.30 am to 12 MD
Yoga for Office-goers- 12 to 1 pm
Yoga for Neck, Back and Arthritis (Sign up for package) – 1 to 2 pm
Sense Withdrawal (Sign up for package) – 3.30 pm to 4.30 pm
Pre-natal Yoga – 3rd Trimester – 4.30 pm to 5.30 pm
SAVY Inferno Yoga – 5.30 pm to 6.30 pm
Here are some yoga poses to keep you active on Thursdays.
Utthitta Chaturanga Dandasana (Plank): This pose will give you a toned belly, reduced back pain, flexibility, will improve your mood and gives you an improved balance and posture. Start from 30 seconds and build up.
Chaturanga Dandasana (Four Limbed Staff Pose): Use the strength of your whole body to do this pose. This is much more than a push-up. It strengthens arm, shoulder, and leg muscles, develops core stability and prepares body for inversions and arm balances.
Tripada Chakrasana (Three-legged Wheel Pose): Need an energy boost? Do this pose. It stretches the chest and expands lungs, strengthens the arms and wrists, legs, buttocks, abdomen, and spine, stimulates the thyroid and pituitary, increases energy and counteracts depression, and is therapeutic for asthma, back pain, infertility, and osteoporosis.
Halasana (Plow Pose): This pose strengthens and opens up the neck, shoulders, abs and back muscles, calms the nervous system, reduces stress and fatigue, tones the legs, stimulates the thyroid gland, strengthens the immune system and also helps women during menopause.
Bakasana (Crow/ Crane Pose): Bakasana helps in strengthening the wrists and arms, stretches the upper back and increases the flexibility and elasticity of the spine, strengthens and tones various muscles and organs in the abdominal region, opens up the groin region, and improves the sense of balance, concentration, and co-ordination.
Ashtavakrasana (Eight-Angle Pose): This pose is dedicated to the sage Ashtavakra, the spiritual guru of King Janaka. This difficult lateral movement tones the spine by supplying the spinal nerves with a copious supply of blood. It increases gastric activity, helps to digest food and eliminate toxins. The spine is given the maximum lateral twist.
Thursday – Relevance and History
Thursday is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and Lord Brihaspati, the Guru of gods. Hence, this day is called Brihaspativar. Thursday is also popularly known as Guruvar. Devotees listen to devotional songs dedicated to Lord Vishnu on this day.
Devotees adorn yellow colored clothes and offer yellow flowers to appease god Vishnu and Vrihaspati.
Devotees fast throughout the day and consume food only once which consists of ‘chana daal’ (Bengal Gram) and ‘ghee’ (clarified butter). The food color used is yellow. Many offer banana or plantain to god. In Bengal, they worship goddess Lakshmi and elsewhere, people also visit Hanuman temples on Thursdays. Through ‘pujas’ (worship) and ‘vrats’ (fast) on Thursdays, it is believed, devotees are blessed with wealth, success, fame, and happiness.
The popular myth is that Lord Vishnu once appears before a devout Hindu disguised as a beggar to test the devotee on a Thursday. Some believe it was Lord Vrihaspati. At first the devotee neglects his duties towards the holy man and denies him alms and is lethargic but later when he realizes his mistake, he observes a ritual fast on Thursdays and appeases the gods.
Color & Gem:
Yellow is the color of the day and the preferred gems are Sapphire and Pukhraj.
The planet Jupiter (Vrihaspati) rules Thursday.
To see the full schedule, please click here and check schedule of classes.
The salient features of London Yoga Classes at SAVY are:
- Comprehensive, authentic, world class teaching and knowledge-base in all aspects of Classical Yoga
- Authentic Ashtanaga and Vinyasa Yoga training based on true, traditional Classical Yoga from India
- Asanas, Pranayama, Pratyahara, Dhyana, Kriyas. Chakras, Kundalini Awakening, Shatkarma, Marma, Mantra etc
- Clear, concise, to-the-point instruction and individualized care
- One of the most qualified, experienced, international faculty, well-trained in India with excellent teaching skills
- Yoga School with highest ranking of RYS 200, RYS 300 – we train yoga teachers up to the highest rank
- Yoga Therapy services for all diseases available
- Wonderful, knowledgeable, stable, regular, supportive, warm, welcoming yoga community
- Unique, specialized yoga classes – Sukshma Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga, Deep Stretch Yoga, Yoga for Face, Meditation Classes, Sun and Moon Salutations, Pranayama etc
- Workshops on interesting Yoga topics from time to time
- Delve deep into the field of Yoga – Keep learning and sharing knowledge
- Suitable time of classes
- Small size of even group classes
- Small Class Yoga for smaller groups
- Private sessions also available
- Decent studio setting – enjoy the calm, serene surroundings
- Plenty of Free Parking
- Most affordable Yoga Classes
Choose your class today! Please book your spot in advance to avoid inconvenience.
Pre-registration at least one day in advance is mandatory.
p style=”text-align: center;”>Please check details with the Studio.