SAVY Chair Yoga Teacher Training
Why Chair Yoga?
Do you have students, patients, or clients that would benefit from doing Yoga but:
- cannot get down on the floor because of age, handicap, or inflexibility, or
- want to practice their Yoga where getting on the floor is impractical (at work, traveling, etc.)
These categories can also now reap the exceptional benefits which yoga brings to the body, mind, and spirit. Now, you can open this wondrous world to all of them! With this new dimension to your teaching and/or care-giving, this teacher certification will provide you with a firm foundation for teaching Chair Yoga. Along with the normal meditation, breathing, and relaxation techniques, you will learn how to adapt the classical Yoga asanas to the chair (vs. the floor). The goal of Chair Yoga is to meet students where they are at present, identify their problems and help them modify poses. Dr Sahdev’s Principles of Yoga Practice for Yoga Teachers and Therapists are especially more relevant from Yoga point of view.
This 30 Hours SAVY Chair Yoga Teacher Training course is an advanced Speciality Yoga Teacher Training course and is taught under a Primary E-RYT 500. This can be taken up as an Elective for SAVY 500 (RYT 500) course in-Studio, or, as a separate course, online as well. Credits of this course would be counted towards RYT 500 course only if taken in-Studio.
If you are looking for genuine Traditional Ashtanga and Vinyasa based Yoga Teacher Training Programs, then Yoga Teacher Training programs at SAVY International Inc, registered with Yoga Alliance USA, provide the correct answer.
Dr Jitender K Sahdev, a senior faculty member, has been teaching yoga in India to all age groups for almost three decades. SAVY International Inc is an RYS 300 and RYS 200 Yoga school. SAVY brings exclusively traditional Ashtanga and Vinyasa Yoga, with all its wisdom and genius, to this part of the world. Joining a SAVY program is like embarking upon a journey to discover all this wisdom and genius, to fathom the depths, to scale the unknown heights, to dare to start to tap the unexplored, huge and enormous potential of the expanse of your consciousness, the journey to discover and know yourself in a more complete way!
SAVY Chair Yoga Teacher Training is for Yoga Teachers with their 200 hour certification working towards their RYT 500 certificate and for anyone seeking to experience the benefits of Chair Yoga as well as health professionals, body workers, physical therapists and exercise instructors who work with older adults and persons with other issues and/ or concerns. Also, chair yoga can be taught in corporate/ office settings.
Strengths of the Program.
Dr Sahdev has developed Principles for Yoga Teachers and Therapists guiding Yoga practice. The biggest asset of Yoga Teacher Training programs at SAVY is that you get to train under an E-RYT 500 yoga teacher who has been actively practicing as a Physician in Modern Medicine in India for last almost three decades, along with working on and teaching Yoga, Yoga Therapy and Alternative Medicine. You get to imbibe and assimilate all that knowledge and understanding during your training! You get to understand very clearly the very basic concepts of Chair Yoga, laying a solid foundation for deeper understanding of the subject. You get to know about the eight limbs, as well as you are set on a path to know in depth about yoga postures, pranayama, meditation, mantra, marma, yogic kriyas, shatkarma and a lot more. Successful graduates will be well-trained to apply this knowledge in thier practice. In addition to this, the students also get a chance to get familiar with the correct perspective on Ayurveda, Pranayama, Marma Therapy, Mantra Yoga, Nada Yoga, Tantra Yoga, Primordial Sound Meditation, other dynamic and adynamic meditation techniques, Surya Yoga, Swara Yoga, Chandra Yoga, and lots of other lesser understood ancient sciences. Learning is a never-ending process, and this program provides great, basic, firm, sound and accurate information. This training is appropriate for aspiring teachers as well as dedicated students who are interested in deepening their practice and understanding of Yoga.
What You’ll Learn
- Rationale, myths, populations, guidelines of teaching Chair Yoga
- Applying pranayama, meditation and yoga philosophy
- Health challenges and concerns
- Chair Yoga poses
- Chair Yoga practice
- Sequencing the Chair Yoga practice
- Practical teaching experience
- Business of teaching Chair Yoga
- And as usual, a lot more…
- Breath, Bandhas, Drishti and Alignment based traditional ashtanga Yoga
- Yoga Alliance Registered SAVY 200 (RYT 200), SAVY 500 (RYT 500) courses
- Comprehensive, authentic, world class, one of the best training in all aspects of Yoga
- Authentic Traditional Ashtanaga and Vinyasa Yoga training based on authentic Yoga with its deep roots in India
- Asanas, Pranayama, Pratyahara, Dhyana, Kriyas. Chakras, Kundalini Awakening, Shatkarma, Marma, Mantra etc
- Clear, concise, to-the-point subject matter and instruction
- One of the most qualified, experienced faculty in the world
- Registered– become a Registered Yoga Teacher
- Preference for Dr Sahdev’s ‘Breathe and Heal’ Breathing Educator Program
- Train up to the highest level – RYS 200, RYS 300 Yoga School
- Go in for Speciality Yoga Teacher Training Programs
- Delve deep into the field of Yoga – Keep learning and sharing knowledge
- Know SAVY Yoga and be conversant with all styles of Yoga
- Affordable, easy payment schedule/ options available
This course is provided in online as well as in Studio directly under Primary E-RYT 500.
SAVY aims to bring the authentic, accurate, genuine and best teachings of yoga from the most respected schools in an encapsulated program for every student of Yoga, that will make proficient & confident teachers capable of teaching anywhere in the World and to a diverse audience.
The following description is applicable to Yoga professionals registered with Yoga Alliance, USA, and is provided as advisory:
- RYT 500. Contact hours of the course will be counted towards RYT 500 course if completed in-Studio under Primary E-RYT 500. Certification Test is mandatory for this purpose.
- Contact Hours. Contact Hours for Continuing Education can be claimed for this course if taken in-Studio under Primary E-RYT 500.
- Non-Contact Hours. Full duration for Continuing Education can be claimed for this course as non-Contact Hours if taken in-Studio under Primary E-RYT 500 or online.
Though every care is taken to keep the information current, please do check and confirm for the latest updates at the time of registration for the course. Professional from other streams of professions who choose to take up the course should check with their respective regulatory/ monitoring bodies. Responsibility of SAVY International Inc. and its Directors, officials and other staff is only up to delivery of the course. No responsibility regarding credit of continuing education hours or acceptance for any other reason by other organizations/ institutes/ associations will be accepted/ entertained by SAVY International Inc. or any of its Directors, officials, teachers etc.
Please check the schedule of upcoming Yoga Teacher Training programs below:
Schedule of Upcoming Courses of SAVY Chair Yoga Teacher Training
- In Studio Programs:
Please confirm exact dates of the next course with the Studio.
Note: *Dates and times subject to confirmation.
Check the details and updates of schedule with the Studio.
Any change in schedule is at the sole discretion of SAVY International Inc.
Pre-requisites & Course Cost for SAVY Chair Yoga Teacher Training (SCYTT)
Interested participants are invited to register for the program. Please register one month before the start date of the respective courses.
- Students applying for SCYTT course must provide an RYT 200 certificate from an RYS 200 school registered with Yoga Alliance. Professionals from other streams may submit their respective qualifications.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate a general level of health and fitness. If you do not fulfill these conditions, your case will be individually assessed.
- The Program Director will review the application to determine the preparedness of the applicant to participate in the program. Final selection will be subject to interview with the Program Director.
Register NOW to book your spot!
Limited seats available.
To check the details of SAVY Yoga Mentorship Program (SYMP), please click here.
To know how to become a DSBH Breathing Educator, please click here.