Yoga for Breast Cancer Care©Teacher Training
Yoga for Breast Cancer Care© Teacher Training program is a unique yoga program aimed at teaching how to regain health, strength and flexibility for men and women in cancer recovery. This is the first one of its kind providing yoga instructors the necessary skills to safely adapt Yoga for breast cancer patients and survivors, and even guide their families. This program also lays a firm foundation for the more advanced training – Yoga for Breast Cancer Care© Teacher Training – Advanced (YBCCTT-A)
This program is designed by Dr Jitender K Sahdev E-RYT 500, RCYT, RPYT, D.Sc. (Alternative Medicine), Ph.D. (Alternative Medicine),MD (Alternative Medicine), M.B.,B.S., Fellow in Surgery and Surgical Oncology, a Yoga Therapist and Yoga Teacher in London ON. A Surgeon by profession from India, he started his Surgical career in a Cancer Hospital in India and in his Surgical career spanning over almost next three decades, performed thousands of breast cancer and other surgeries. He utilizes Yoga as a stand-alone as well as complementary therapy for optimizing the health and wellness of his clients, for easing symptoms associated with disease, and more…. He trained under doyens of Yoga in India for almost four decades. He is a Yoga Therapist in Canada.
This program is a gist of the knowledge and wisdom gathered from pre-operative, operative and post-operative management of those thousands of FNAC’s, Modified Radical Mastectomies, Lumpectomies and Reconstructive procedures, monitoring of progress of patients through chemotherpay and radiotherapy and in follow-up, combined with active teaching of Yoga and Yoga Therapy over all these years especially applied to specific problems. All care has been taken to include each piece of vital information in this program and other related programs, to be taught in a stepped manner. This program is as incisive, accurate and precise as the proverbial surgical scalpel at work.
The program assumes nothing and provides knowledge-base right from the beginning, starting with applied breast anatomy, and builds it up further. This program takes care all important and scientifically relevant factors and explores how the nano science of yoga can aid recovery at all levels – mind, body and beyond. Full of practical information applicable to all levels and stages of disease, this program is designed to make a difference!
Dr Jitender K Sahdev, or one of his close associate Yoga Therapists, leads all therapeutic and rehabilitative yoga sequences. The goal of Yoga for Breast Cancer Teacher Training is to meet students where they are at present, identify their problems and help them modify poses. Dr Sahdev’s Principles of Yoga Practice for Yoga Teachers and Therapists are especially more relevant from Yoga point of view.
This training enables you to teach YOGA FOR BREAST CANCER CARE© based on Yoga principles. This includes exercises which help strengthen and gently detoxify especially respiratory, cardiovascular and nervous systems, in addition to optimizing other systems of the body.
YBCCTT © focuses on your personal process and working with individual clients.
You will be able to teach YOGA FOR BREAST CANCER CARE©.
The program can be completed within 3 to 12 months for Level 1, and an additional 3 to 12 months for Level 2.
You can start working right after qualifying for Level 1.
You will be able to advertise your services, as well as host your own workshops.
The 30 hour (27.75 Contact Hours and 2.25 Non-Contact Hours) YBCC©TT Level 1 is the first step. Level 2 is the next step.
This profoundly effective Yoga Therapy training offers a lot to address the problems of breast cancer patients – combinations of diverse modalities in Yoga for different stages of disease – initial or advanced stage, treatment received – major or minor surgery, chemotherapy or radiotherapy, recovery prospects and prognosis – whether good or bad.
Strengths of the Program
- Information about the science and the flow of the program, connection with breath and movement.
- This program prepares you for different practical situations.
- It’s a safe program. It provides correct information which helps you break free of limiting beliefs and fears.
- This is a personally beneficial yoga experience.
- This is a scientific and sustainable program.
We promote this program for:
- Those aspiring to work with breast cancer patients, survivors and their families,
- Yoga Teachers with a minimum of 200 hour certification,
- In-studio course can be taken as an elective for RYT 500 or Yoga Therapy 1000 programs,
- RMT’s, Naturopaths, Homeopaths, Physicians, other health professionals, physical therapists, and Personal Trainers,
- Anyone seeking to experience the benefits of Yoga
We accept students from all walks of life though from practice point of view, a Yoga, health or medical background would be more desirable.
Complete training is provided, so you need just a commitment to support your personal and professional growth at every point of your career.
YBCC©TT workshops are held periodically.
Broadly speaking, this hybrid program has two main components:
- Online/ home study component, which can be completed from the comfort of your home. Receipt of the first online module/ study material marks the beginning of the course. Online part has to be completed before you come for Contact Hours.
- Contact Hours component.
SAVY aims to bring the authentic, accurate, genuine and the best teachings of yoga from the most respected schools in an encapsulated program for every student of Yoga, that will make proficient & confident teachers capable of teaching anywhere in the World and to a diverse audience.
When you pay for the course you are confirming you agree to the terms and conditions.
Limited seats available.
CREDITS AND CEU’S
The following description is applicable to Yoga professionals registered with Yoga Alliance, USA, and is provided as advisory:
- Credits of this course are transferable to RYT 500 and Yoga Therapy 1000 programs.
- Contact Hours. Contact Hours for Continuing Education can be claimed for this course if taken in-Studio.
- Non-Contact Hours. Non-Contact Hours for Continuing Education can be claimed for this course.
- Professionals from other streams of professions who choose to take up the course should check with their respective regulatory/ monitoring bodies.
Though every care is taken to keep the information current, please do check and confirm for the latest updates at the time of registration for the course.
Responsibility of SAVY International Inc. and its Directors, officials and other staff is only up to delivery of the course. No responsibility regarding credit of continuing education hours or acceptance for any other reason by other organizations/ institutes/ associations will be accepted/ entertained by SAVY International Inc. or any of its Directors, officials, teachers etc.
YBCC©TT Level 1 Certification Requirements:
- Attendance at and Certificate for the Yoga for Breast Cancer Care© Sessions is mandatory.
- Trainee is required to attend a 2-Day YBCC©TT Level 1 workshop or complete a home study course.
- Four to six month supervised training is to be completed; this includes five supervision meetings with an assigned Supervisor.
- Certification Test
Schedule of Upcoming Courses
You can join this program any time, all year round.
In Studio Program: Please check the dates and time with the Studio.
Note: Dates and times subject to confirmation.
Some topics covered in YBC©TT Level 1:
- Applied Breast Anatomy & Physiology
- Lymphatic Drainage System
- Breast Cancer Staging, Management – Surgery & other treatments
- Common Complications
- Examination of scientific research and data
- Asana Focus, Precautions & Modifications for Breast Cancer Care
- Pranayama for Breast Cancer Care
- Basic Mudras for Breast Cancer Care
- Yoga Massage for Breast Cancer Care and Prevention
- Meditation for Breast Cancer Care
- Nutrition for Breast Cancer Care
- Practices geared to greater mobility and health challenges
- Teaching Chair Yoga Classes for Breast Cancer Care
- Major challenges: lymphoedema, mobility problems, scar tissue related problems, osteoporosis, stress etc
- Marketing for Breast Cancer Care
- And as usual, a lot more…
Please note: This is a copyrighted program; permission to use is subject to applicable conditions.
To check the details of SAVY Yoga Mentorship Program (SYMP), please click here.
To know how to become a DSBH Breathing Educator, please click here.
p style=”text-align: justify;”>[popupwfancybox group=”GROUP2″]