South London SAVY Yoga – Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutations
SAVY Yoga has been serving the city of London and surrounding areas since 2011 under the most qualified and experienced faculty in LONDON and CANADA, and one of the most qualified and experienced faculty in the WORLD! To serve the people of London in a better way, instead of serving some run-of-the-mill pseudo-yoga routines, we offer some very useful and healing, authentic Yoga/ Pranayama routines, ranging from gentle to very challenging Yoga, for the beginner to the advanced student alike.
Here, we bring to you an introduction to Yoga classes being taught at our South London SAVY Yoga Studio.
Through demonstration, discussion and experiential movement, you will gain key understanding of proper postures and how to keep your body safe. As common sense dictates, one can function properly only if one is disease-free and is in a healthy state of body, mind and spirit. So, for us, your health and disease-free state comes first of all. Asanas, Pranayama, Mudras, Marmas, Kriyas, Pratyahara, Dharana, Dhyana – our Yoga is much more than mere gymnastics and sauna!
South London Yoga Classes at SAVY bring to you the taste, values and expertise of the true traditional Ashtanga and Vinyasa Yoga from India. Inspired adherence to the eight pillars or steps of yoga bestow one with a calm mind and fit body and lead one towards attaining an emancipated life. In more physical or materialistic terms, Yoga is more than capable of keeping one physically and mentally fit and disease-free. It has become the new hot and favoured way to sweat it out for better health. SAVY Yoga is a humble step in that direction.
Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutations
The Sun is the source of all energy and the supporter of all life-forms. Culturally, in India, it has always been more than just a star and Indian culture respects and worships this powerful source of energy and the source of all life on earth as a deity. Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutations, an integral part of Surya Yoga, is one way Hindus have always paid respect to the “Sun god” and in turn gain enormous health benefits. Surya Namaskar, translated into English as Sun Salutation, is an age-old sequence of twelve asanas. The obvious characteristic of Surya Namaskar is the fact that it exercises the entire body. The Sun Salutation is a graceful, thermogenic, sequence of twelve postures performed as one continuous exercise. Each position is reverse of the one before, stretching the body in a different way and alternatively expanding and contracting the chest to regulate the breathing.
Sun Salutations or Surya Namaskar is yoga postures, breathing, mindfulness, meditation, bandhas, gaze, alignment etc – all rolled in one!
In India, Surya Namaskar has always been considered THE MOST COMPLETE EXERCISE ROUTINE!
Benefits of Surya Namaskar
Sun Salutations or Surya Namaskar has many benefits and if done regularly can not only help you lose flab but can also help you prevent, and even combat, diseases. Here are a few benefits of this sequence:
- Surya Namaskar, or Sun Salutations, ideally done facing the early morning rising sun, helps our body to soak in the benefits of the morning rays of the sun. Surya tratak practised at this time is most beneficial.
- This is the best and most complete series of asanas to improve lymphatic drainage and circulation . Hence, it improves body immunity.
- Regular practice of this series of asanas can also help you lose the excess belly fat.
- The postures in Surya Namaskar stretch our muscles and help make our body very flexible.
- The moves and postures of the asana help all our internal organs function better — the various poses regulate our blood flow, benefit the digestive system and makes it more efficient.
- It helps combat insomnia as it relaxes the body and calms the mind.
- It helps regulate menstrual cycles and makes childbirth easier.
- This is known to facilitate blood circulation and thereby help hair growth and prevent hair problems.
- It reduces anxiety and restlessness and enhances our strength and vitality.
- Surya Namaskar benefits not just adults, but kids as well.
- From a yoga point of view, it acts on Solar Plexus and regular practice of Surya Namaskar increases its size, hence increasing awareness and ‘gut feeling’ or intuition.
- It acts on and balances all chakras and helps you achieve complete health.
- The back and forth, up and down movements in Sun Salutations are fun and offer the opportunity to move playfully in the practice.
- They warm up the body for the practice of more asanas.
- Surya Namaskar improves . Some studies have revealed that sun salutations provided the best overall benefit for the heart, specifically the left ventricle. For excellence of health, the left ventricle must relax very rapidly after each contraction and then again contract rapidly and forcibly, to push blood into aorta. Sun Salutations improve this function.
- They bring the mind to a calm, serene yogic state.
- They help to overcome motivation issues.
- They keep your skills sharp.
- Sun Salutation is a very complete exercise. If you only have fifteen or twenty minutes to practice, doing Sun Salutations alone properly cover almost all the benefits of yoga postures.
The traditional format of Sun Salutations being taught at SAVY Studios helps you derive maximum benefits from this very useful yogic exercise. One feels so alive after just a few rounds of this!
You are most welcome to learn this routine and stay healthy.
These special classes, with one hour of just Surya Namaskar, are offered regularly every month.
Here are required details of the classes:
- Time: On Fridays: 9:30 AM – 10:30 AM
- Where: SAVY International South London Studio at 119-D Exeter Road London ON N6L 1A4
- Formats: 1 Class every week for One Month (4 Class package)
- Batches: One batch per month.
- Commitment: A commitment to complete the program without missing any class (except in an emergency). Missed classes will not be compensated in any way.
- Cost: Total cost is $72 for one month program.
Please check the exact schedule and time below.
Established benefits of Yoga:
- Improved General Health
- Anxiety Relief
- Stronger Bones
- Healthier Heart
- Healthy Weight
- Lower Stress Levels
- Increased Flexibility
- Lower Blood Pressure
- Improved Lung Capacity
- Improved Brain Function
- Greater Sense of Balance
- Better mind-body connexion
- Better Sexual Function & Libido
- Lower Blood Sugar Levels in Diabetics
- Relief from Chronic Back Pain and Neck Pain
- Better over-all quality of life & much more…
The salient features of London Yoga Classes of SAVY Healing Yoga are:
- Comprehensive, authentic, world class teaching and knowledge-base in all aspects of Yoga
- Authentic Ashtanaga and Vinyasa Yoga training based on true, traditional Yoga from India
- Asanas, Pranayama, Pratyahara, Dhyana, Kriyas. Chakras, Kundalini Awakening, Shatkarma, Marma, Mantra etc
- Clear, concise, to-the-point instruction and individualized care
- One of the most qualified, experienced, international faculty, well-trained in India with excellent teaching skills
- Yoga School with highest ranking of RYS 500 – we train yoga teachers up to the highest rank
- Yoga Therapy services for all diseases available
- Wonderful, knowledgeable, stable, regular, supportive, warm, welcoming yoga community
- Unique, specialized yoga classes – Sukshma Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga, Deep Stretch Yoga, Yoga for Face, Meditation Classes, Sun and Moon Salutations, Pranayama etc
- Workshops on interesting Yoga topics from time to time
- Delve deep into the field of Yoga – Keep learning and sharing knowledge
- Suitable time of classes
- Small size of even group classes
- Small Class Yoga for smaller groups
- Private sessions also available
- Decent studio and studio setting – enjoy the character and warmth of the Victorian heritage building
- Authentic Yoga at reasonable rates
Sign up today and live life to your full potential.
Dr Jitender K Sahdev
President and Director of Teaching
Pleaseto learn more about Yoga. We would love to hear any suggestions or comments that you might have. Space is limited in courses and participation will be on a first-come-first-served basis. So, respond early to participate in this exciting, life-transforming Yoga experience.
Note : You should check with your health care professional before starting this or any new exercise program or breathing routine. This is especially important if you have any pre-existing health conditions, such as high blood pressure, migraines or heart or lung ailments. Women who are pregnant or think they might be pregnant should consult their physician before performing any of the breathing or physical exercises.
The information contained in the program is not intended to serve as a replacement for professional medical advice. Any use of the information in these programs/ workshops is at the reader’s discretion, risk and responsibility. The studio, author and the publisher specifically disclaim any and all liability arising directly or indirectly from the use or application of any information contained herein. A health care professional should be consulted regarding your specific situation.
p style=”text-align: justify;”>*HST applicable on all payments. Conditions apply.