Yoga Therapy Training SYT 1000 (YTh1000)
Yoga Therapy Training SYT 1000 (YTh1000) is the 1000 hours Yoga Therapy program. If you are looking for a genuine Breath, Bandhas, Drishti and Alignment based traditional ashtanga Yoga and vinyasa based Yoga Therapy Program, then Yoga Therapy Training SYT 1000 (YTh1000) program at SAVY International Inc is the answer. Senior faculty has been teaching yoga in India for almost three decades. SAVY International Inc is an RYS 300 and RYS 200 Yoga school. SAVY brings exclusively traditional Ashtanga and Vinyasa Yoga, with all its wisdom and genius, to this part of the world. Joining a SAVY program is like embarking upon a journey to discover all this wisdom and genius, to fathom the depths, to scale the unknown heights, to dare to start to tap the unexplored, huge and enormous potential of the expanse of your consciousness, the journey to discover and know yourself in a more complete way!
Strengths of the Program.
Specialist Mentors. The biggest asset of programs at SAVY is that you get to train under an E-RYT 500 who has been actively practicing as a Physician in Modern Medicine in India for last almost three decades, along with working on Yoga, Yoga Therapy and Alternative Medicine. Dr Jitender K Sahdev, President and Director of Teaching, is one of the most qualified and experienced Yoga Therapists in the world! Also, other teachers in the faculty have immense experience. As such, we have a wealth of Yoga Therapists working with a wide range of conditions both in group and private settings. You will be connected to the best practitioners in the world through both face to face workshops and practicum opportunities in their specialties.
We provide care for all disease with Yoga Therapy, with a name or still without it! These are some of the common problems that we treat with Yoga Therapy:
- Cancer: all types, including support for terminal cases
- Neuro-degenerative Disorders: Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Ataxias, Alzheimer’s Disease etc.
- Respiratory Diseases: Pulmonary Fibrosis, Asthma, COPD etc
- Eye Disorders: Myopia, Strabismus, Astigmatism, Retinitis Pigmentosa etc.
- Cardiovascular Diseases: CAD, Arrythmias, Hypertension, Lipid disorders etc
- Digestive Disorders: Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD); acid reflux; indigestion; constipation; and diarrhea
- Common Aches and Pains: Feet and ankles; knees and hamstrings; hips; lower back; hands and wrists; neck and shoulders; sciatica; etc.
- Tight Muscles/Fascia/Nerves or Hyper-extension (Over flexible/Over stretched ligaments)
- Mis-alignments: Kyphosis (hunch back/rounded shoulders); lordosis (sway back); asymmetries in hips; pronated feet; scoliosis; etc.
- Injuries: Whiplash; strained muscles, tendons or ligaments; sprained joints (hip, knees, shoulder, ankle, elbow, wrist); prolapsed/slipped discs, etc.
- Post joint replacement surgery: knees; hips; etc.
- Weight gain/loss: Obesity and anorexia
- Arthritis: Osteoarthritis (OA); Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA); and Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS) etc
- Other Chronic Conditions/Diseases: Allergies, carpel tunnel syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), Diabetes -Type I and II, Fibromyalgia, hormonal imbalances, hypo/hypertension (low/high blood pressure), hypo/hyper thyroid, incontinence, insomnia, stroke recovery; etc.
- Women’s Health: PMS; menstrual irregularities; pregnancy; infertility; menopause, frigidity etc
- Men’s Health: BHP, ED, infertility etc
- Psychological Health: Chronic anxiety, depression or stress; Addictions, healing from grief or loss; dealing with trauma or change; etc.
You get to imbibe and assimilate all that knowledge and understanding during your training!
This training meets, and even exceeds, the requirements for registration with IAYT, USA. Successful graduates will be able to practice Yoga Therapy. Learning is a never-ending process, and this program lays a great, basic, firm, sound and accurate foundation.
This training is appropriate for Yoga teachers who are ready to delve deeper into the mysteries and subtleties of Yoga and its related fields of knowledge.
Please check the schedule of Yoga Teacher Training and Yoga Therapy Training programs below:
RYT 200, preferably from SAVY International Inc., and 100 hours minimum documented teaching experience over at least 1 year.
This is a 2 years long program.
SAVY aims to bring the authentic, accurate, genuine and best teachings of yoga from the most respected schools in an encapsulated program for advanced student of Yoga, that will make proficient & confident teachers capable of teaching anywhere in the World and to a diverse audience.
Our Yoga Therapist Program is divided into two years with credentialing after each year:
- Year One : RYT 500 in Therapeutic Yoga: Outcome for Year One Graduates with a Therapeutic Yoga 300 Hour Certificate from SAVY will be eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT 500) in Therapeutic Yoga.
Note on Practicums You must make individual arrangements with your mentor teachers for their services. There will be additional costs associated with working with your mentor teachers. You will be assigned a Practicum Supervisor to approve your mentor teacher and assess your work as part of your practicum courses.
- Year Two: SYT 1000 – SAVY Yoga Therapist
This 1000 hours of training exceeds the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT) standards (800 hours post RYT 200 Foundation Year).
Class sizes are limited to 10-15 students to allow for individualized attention.
Students spend 34 Hours per Week in Classes + Practicums to allow for another 10 hours per week of homework and study time. This is based on the Distributed Learning Model, which claims we learn at a deeper level over a longer period of time. Each course is assessed and 73% of Student Learning Outcomes must be mastered.
International students are encouraged to apply. You are welcome to study in Canada with a tourist visa for programs less than 6 months per calendar year. You might want to consider staying with a home stay family.
If English is not your first language, you must have an IELTS or equivalent of 6.0 with no less than 5.5 in any band as the program includes academic writing and presentations, including Yoga Therapy Research.
Note: Preference will be given to applicants who plan to complete the full 1000-hour program.
*HST as applicable with all payments.
p style=”text-align: center;”>SAVY International Policy Statement