WELCOME TO SAVY YOGA THERAPY PROGRAMS!
UNDER ONE OF THE MOST QUALIFIED & EXPERIENCED FACULTY IN THE WORLD
It’s about delivering results!
We help you reverse disease process
Through Yoga, Breath, Meditation
Yoga Therapy – Disease Reversal with Yoga
Yoga Therapy service is capable of providing support in case of any disease – with a name, or still without it!
We provide support to clients with all health problems with no exceptions!
Yoga Therapy is the treatment of diseases with yoga. Yoga is beneficial for health in ways that modern science is just beginning to understand. Even though it has been applied with therapeutic intention for thousand of years, Yoga Therapy is only just now emerging as a discipline in itself. More health care practitioners are starting to include yogic techniques in their approach to healing — and more yoga teachers give a therapeutic intention to their teaching. People who have never tried yoga before are starting to consider including Yoga in their treatment plan.
As science begins to document the importance of understanding the interrelation of all existing things, it looks to Yoga with an intriguing eye, for Yoga provides answers and unity. As yoga techniques are researched and new data gathers, it becomes easier for science and the medical establishment to understand and accept the benefits of Yoga Therapy.
The applications of Yoga Therapy range anywhere from recovering from minor illness, to sometimes, even those considered incurable. By promoting the flow of prana, or vital force, yoga combats blockages in energy flow, restoring the basic condition for health. Common applications for Yoga Therapy also serve structural problems such as spine mis-alignments or joint function. Deeper applications may even aid more intractable problems such as AIDS and cancer.
Yoga Therapy works from the gross to the subtle. Very briefly, this means that primary aggravating factors must always be addressed first. Postural, dietary, herbal, and meditative therapies will only really begin to work when the most basic needs of physical and emotional health are satisfied. Yama and niyama have to be followed only then asanas can truly help. Pranayama acts as a bridge between the physical and the metaphysical and leads one to higher levels of all-round health, the physical, mental, moral and social aspects of health. Pratyahara, dhyan, dharna and samadhi follow in due course of time. Each practice is tailored to suit specific needs, capabilities, goals, and life circumstances.
Yoga Therapy consultation and advice is provided on a private one-to-one basis to those who are seeking to resolve long-term health challenges. Traditional as well as the modern methods of diagnosis and questioning are used. The application of time-honoured techniques of wellness, healing, and personal transformation are immensely beneficial in attainment of complete health. This individualized process evaluates all appropriate aspects of your life circumstance and draws on the full depth of the Yogic traditions, Ayurvedic wisdom, and the gist of medicine and alternative systems of medicine, to help you nourish your physical, mental, and emotional needs.
Yoga Therapy is structured around private consultation/instructional meetings. Your unique Ayurvedic constitution, blockages in meridians, ailing marma bindus, structural condition, illness patterns, injury history, dietary habits, and life goals are assessed and analyzed according to predominantly Yogic theory. As a client for Yoga Therapy, you receive a constitutional assessment, including pulse and tongue analysis, marma bindu diagnosis, assessment of meridians, dietary evaluation and suggestions, and then some or all of the following, as appropriate to your needs: training in various forms of shatkarma, unique dietary suggestions, Ayurvedic therapy, Ayurvedic aroma therapy, asanas appropriate to your build and condition, particular breathing techniques, Surya Traatak, Swara control, personal essay and journaling assignments, mantra recitation, contemplative homework, and meditation instruction.
Dr Jitender K Sahdev has vast clinical experience and has worked with a diverse range of clients as a well-trained Physician in Modern Medicine, and a Yoga Therapist as well: trauma or surgery patients, cancer patients, heart disease patients, auto-immune disease patients, patients of allergy disorders, skin diseases like psoriasis, patients of life-style diseases, the arthritic, children and teens with learning disabilities, those who are passing through difficult transitions in their lives such as grief or divorce, and those who have simply felt a calling towards greater self-awareness. His role is to clearly listen and observe, and then to reflect the response of the Yogic traditions to the situation at hand. The therapy is gentle, exploratory, educational, and empowering. All the main elements have been included in Dr Sahdev’s ‘Breathe and Heal’ Program in a stepped manner, which forms the main pillar of our Yoga Therapy program now.
Your protocol is typically structured around 2 private consultation/instructional meetings, spaced a week apart. It is the whole person within their whole circumstance who is receiving treatment, and so, has to be assessed for wholesome treatment. This is the treatment in totality. So, active participation of the client is more than desirable.
The clients will receive some or all of the following tools:
- a general prakriti (constitutional) assessment, employing many diagnostic techniques such as pulse and tongue analysis, vata, pitta, kaf analysis, study of meridians, points of blockage etc.
- dietary evaluation and suggestions, including possible herbal therapies.
- physical postures appropriate to your build and condition.
- breathing exercises for home practice.
- personalized contemplation/meditation homework.
- If required, training in nasal irrigation (neti), dhauti, nyoli, basti, tratak, and kapaal bhaati, the shatkarma kriyas.
- guidance in establishing your daily routine, and planning for seasonal cleansing.
- Yoga Therapy and consultation focus upon overall quality of life, which makes its statistical assessment nearly impossible. As an experiential therapy of self-realization, it cannot be taken into the lab and administered in controlled settings. The reason for this is simple: there are no controls for the human mind, which, according to Ayurveda, is the central causative factor in disease. Naturally, therefore, the claims of the tradition, and by extension those claims implied by this website, have not been evaluated by Health Canada or the FDA, and are not intended to supplant the advice and care of licensed medical doctors in the allopathic tradition.
- This programme is meant to be regular in application, and cumulative in effect. To honor these requirements, the full treatment plan should be undertaken over no more than a 10-week period. Any cancelled appointment will have to be rescheduled within one week of its original time, or it will be forfeited.
Yoga Therapy Protocol
- Signing of Informed Consent: After depositing the fees, informed consent has to be signed. This is mandatory to be able to avail of any Yoga Training or Yoga Therapy services. It has to be completed before the start of actual consultation or yoga session.
- Assessment Sessions: (2 sessions – 120 minutes and 60 minutes respectively. Sessions are to be held almost one week apart.
- First session is exploratory. This includes a determination of your basic Ayurvedic constitution and your current condition and imbalances, a discussion of your concerns and reason for your visit, in depth assessment of all problems, and jointly exploring your health history and past treatment results. A general physical examination and assessment of breathing pattern may be done if need be. Assessment results are analyzed and information compiled, to be reviewed with you to be used in a collaborative process to plan your health improvement program.
- Second session. Based on your health concerns and goals, your current condition, and what the team of practitioners thinks is best for you, you’ll be offered some approved recommendations. These are tailored to your unique needs with the intention of assisting you to shift from your current state of imbalance toward your optimum balance. Recommendations for this Yogic self-renewal, may include information and instructions on diet and eating habits, lifestyle, yoga/exercise, meditation, breathing sessions and practices, therapeutic Yoga massages/ Marma therapy, herbal medicines, and other health improvement practices, as appropriate. A workable program will be finalized which you can implement to achieve your short term and long term health improvement goals.
- Therapy Sessions: Dr Sahdev’s ‘Breathe and Heal’ Program in a stepped manner forms the mainstay of our Yoga Therapy program. This is accompanied by frequent assessment/ instructional sessions, the frequency depending upon the severity of the health problem. In addition to this, the following are some of the approaches which also form an integral part of Yoga Therapy sessions:
- Yoga Energy Programs – Therapeutic Touch, Marma Therapy and Yoga Massages are gentle and soothing approaches to promoting health and well-being.
- Yoga Nutrition – Yoga Nutrition, based on your ‘dosha’ type, can go a long way in healing. Raw vegan diet is a close cousin of Yoga Nutrition and has been medically proven to have wonderful effect in various serious diseases.
- Pulse Diagnosis – We use Pulse Diagnosis to diagnose the ‘dosha’ type and optimize the Yoga Therapy accordingly.
- Shatkarma – The famed six procedures help detoxify the body. These can be learned by the fit, willing and desirous candidate.
- Sound-based Healing Techniques – Primordial sound chanting, or better known as AUM Chanting, Bhramari or Bee Breathing, Naada and various Mantra techniques have been shown to have positive influence in various serious and stress-related diseases as well. Music based on Indian classical music ragas has also been shown to have beneficial effect in disease.
- Relaxation and Visualization – Mindfulness-based techniques like meditation, Yoga Nidra, 31-point and 61- point relaxation routines and scripts help reduce stress and achieve a sense of relaxation and calm.
- All fees have to be paid in full, in advance. It is better to keep the money out of the consultation process.
Natural change, supported by learning and practice, comes at a slow and steady pace. A first consultation may help you notice obvious imbalances, but more appointments are necessary to begin to absorb the experiential learning.
It should be noted that the treatments prescribed by these traditions are often exploratory in nature, and require consistent application, self-observation and active participation of the client to achieve the kind of lasting results that indicate progress in the evolution of body, mind, and spirit. This gives you, as the client, certain responsibilities delineated in the Informed Consent.
If you have further questions about whether or not Yoga Therapy and Consultation is right for you, you may email. We shall do our best to respond at the earliest.
Dr Jitender K Sahdev heads Yoga Therapy or Disease Reversal with Yoga or DR Yoga, at SAVY International Inc. He has been working as a physician in India since 1988 and has immense experience in Modern Medicine as well as Yoga Therapy. On a regular basis he offers workshops on specific health issues. He is President of SAVY International and Director of Teaching at all the branches of the organization, which offers Yoga Teachers’ Training at RYT 200 and RYT 500 levels, and Yoga Therapy courses at 1000 hours and greater levels.
We provide a FREE 15- minute Consultation to dispel your doubts and answer your queries. Please fill up the form below and send to fix up your FREE Consultation.
Note : SAVY Studio is not an emergency medical facility nor does it include medical diagnosis or medical treatment and is not a substitute for medical care. Yoga and Ayurveda are currently considered a form of complementary and alternative medicine in Canada. These are not licensed in Ontario as a medical discipline or practice. All services and treatments provided are complementary or alternative to health care services provided by licensed health care practitioners. Yoga and Ayurveda are complementary to and supportive of traditional western medicine as practiced in Canada.
DSBH Therapy® or any of its component levels have not been evaluated by Health Canada, US Food & Drug Administration or the American Medical Association. This technology does not claim to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Medical advice must only be obtained from a physician or qualified health practitioner. Results may vary between individuals. There are no guarantees, expressed, or implied.
You should check with your health care professional before starting this or any new therapy or exercise program or breathing routine. This is especially important if you have any pre-existing health conditions, such as high blood pressure, migraines or heart or lung ailments. Women who are pregnant or think they might be pregnant should consult their physician before performing any of the breathing or physical exercises or undertaking any therapy program.
p style=”color: #000000; text-align: justify;”>The information contained in the program is not intended to serve as a replacement for professional medical advice. Any use of the information in these programs/ workshops is at the reader’s discretion, risk and responsibility. The studio, author and the publisher specifically disclaim any and all liability arising directly or indirectly from the use or application of any information contained herein. A health care professional should be consulted regarding your specific situation.