“Yogashch chittavritti nirodhah” – Yoga is cultivation of the tendencies of the mind.
– Maharishi Patanjali
Yoga is a science beyond nano-science! It is the most complete and self-sufficient scientific system. We have to do a lot of growing up to comprehend its full potential. –
– Dr Jitender K Sahdev
An ISLAND OF EXCELLENCE for Yoga, SAVY International Inc., in operation since 2011, is an incorporated 100% Canadian business and is a registered yoga school at RYS-200 and RYS-300 levels by Yoga Alliance, USA.
SAVY is the oldest RYS 200, RYS 300 Yoga School in London ON.
SAVY Healing Yoga Studio is a Yoga Centre where we practice Yoga, Pranayama, Meditation, Kriyas, Ayurveda, Yoga Therapy etc, as taught by the ancient yogis in India. Yoga is the science of the future, from the past! Practiced and perfected by Yogis in India for thousands of years, the techniques of yoga asanas (yoga postures), pranayama (breathing exercieses), dhyana (meditation) and other techniques were handed down from generation to generation. These techniques have a profound positive effect on health. More significant effect of Yoga at physical level is through its effect on the limbic–hypothalamic–pituitary–adrenal axis (LHPA axis); millieu interiur, and hence, bodily functions can be controlled through Asanas, Pranayama, Dhyana, Kriyas, Mudras, and other more refined elements of Yoga. Yoga, to us, means that ancient, but most advanced, traditional Yoga which acts more through the Nervous System, rather than the hard-core revisionist’s Yoga as merely a gymnastic or physical fitness program!
Dr Jitender K Sahdev, the founder of SAVY International Inc., received learning at the lotus feet of various Gurus, his first Guru and mentor being his father, Mr Kewal Krishan Sahdev, a well-known educationist, intellectual, and a karma yogi in true sense of the word. Dr Sahdev also learned Yoga at various ashrams in India. Our Yoga does not belong to any one tradition and we do not associate ourselves with any one tradition though the source of learning has been ashrams and Gurus all over India. We earnestly believe that all Yoga is one. We respect all traditions and all Gurus teaching Yoga, so long as it agrees with the basic philosophy of Yoga. We prefer to call our Yoga just Yoga, though for the sake of individual identity of our style of Yoga, which is oriented more towards health, it can also be called SAVY Yoga. Our tradition is Yoga and we teach Yoga! Intended to be an ISLAND OF EXCELLENCE for Yoga, SAVY International Inc., in operation since 2011, is a Yoga school at RYS-200 and RYS-300 levels registered with Yoga Alliance, USA. We strive to offer the authentic, traditional yoga to help students achieve positive life-style changes leading to positive health, and then to help them keep it there! Under one of the most experienced and qualified faculty in the world, we are active in Yoga instruction, Yoga Education, Yoga Therapy, Yoga Research, Yoga Nutrition and other major aspects of Yoga. We teach all that is Yoga. SAVY Yoga includes training in Yoga Postures along with focus on breath, bandhas, drishti, alignment and mindfulness. Yoga means union of the individual consciousness and universal consciousness, Atma and Brahman, Jivatma and Paramatma, as well as Shiva and Shakti. It is pure consciousness (Purusha) standing alone from primal manifestation (Prakriti). Our methods of meditation and contemplation involve systematic awareness at all levels of our being, including actions/senses, body, breath, mind, finally resting in the awareness of the Self (atman) which is one with the universal Self (brahman). We are all students of Yoga in pursuit of perfection; so, we are in pursuit of never-ending learning! Perfection – it’s never achievable, so there is never any scope for complacence. Our approach to training is mostly individual or group coaching, as Yoga, meditation and contemplation has been traditionally taught for thousands of years. Aspirants with various degrees of experience naturally share experiences with others within the context of their own lives and modes of service. At beginners levels, we impart instruction to one and all; at advanced levels, a certain degree of dedication and devotion is desirable. We believe in and practice traditional Guru-Shishya parampara with complete trust and faith in it. In addition to Yoga-related research, our major activities and programs are:
- YOGA INSTRUCTION/ CLASSES. For beginners, intermediate & advanced students. All the core members of our faculty are duly registered at RYT 500 level, or above, with Yoga Alliance, USA. We offer most variety of special classes and workshops as well.
- YOGA EDUCATION. For prospective Registered Yoga Teachers, and for deeper understanding of Yoga, we offer courses in RYT 200 and RYT 500, Marma Therapy, Nutrition in Yoga, Yoga Therapy-1000 , and many more interesting courses. We train yoga teachers up to RYT 500 level, and beyond!
- YOGA THERAPY. Yoga, Pranayama, Nada, Marmas and Meditation offer immense healing potential and in expert hands, Yoga can actually work wonders! Yoga and, therefore, SAVY, has a big role to play in all the major and minor health problems. SAVY YOGA THERAPY CLASSES could truly be a LIFE TRANSFORMING experience. Disease-specific workshops & Yoga Therapy sessions could actually help one win against serious and life-threatening diseases. Yoga Therapy at SAVY could be the big difference!
- DR SAHDEV’S ‘BREATHE AND HEAL’ PROGRAM. Mindfulness and controlling your breath is a strong remedy against a wide range of sufferings. The focus of this mindfulness and breathing program is you and your health – to help you de-stress and get rid of any insufficiency in health. A fruit of over three decades of research, this program is one of the safest, the most scientific and the most effective mindfulness and breathing programs ever!
- 50+ YOGA. Now 50+ people, part-time personnel, retired personnel and seniors can also enjoy all the benefits of Yoga and be more active and healthier with more sensible & do-able yoga moves.
- NUTRITION IN YOGA/ AYURVEDA. We offer consultation in Yoga nutrition as a part of our Yoga Therapy program, and independently as well.
Sahdev’s Ashtanga and Vinyasa Yoga International Incorporated was established with a view to guide prospective, beginner and advanced students of yoga in understanding the rhythms and meanings of the body, and, to prepare capable teachers who can impart such clear and concise understanding to their students. The philosophy at SAVY is simple – ‘Everybody and anybody who wants to know,learn and practice genuine, truly traditional yoga, should be able to do so‘. We want to help anybody who is interested in achieving positive health through yoga, in learning yoga.
To meet this end, we have to have more numbers of accessible, knowledgeable, competent and affable teachers who are available and have the ability to teach yoga to everybody and anybody, those who also understand about what is written between the lines, have a deeper understanding of the subject and possess the capability to optimally modify the technique, posture or duration to suit their students in an individualized manner, and have the training and understanding to differentiate yoga from other competitive sports. Yoga is not just twisting and turning of the body! What actually is yoga, what is the importance of the eight limbs of the Patanjali’s Ashtanga Yoga – yama, niyama, asana, pranayama, pratyahara, dhyana, dharna and samadhi, as described about Yoga in Patanjali’s Yoga Darshana, the original and authentic treatise of traditional knowledge of yoga, we want students at all levels of understanding and practice to be clear about that. Sound yoga practices should be as accessible as they are effective. There is a shortage of sufficiently trained teachers to share authentic traditional yoga systems in a way that makes it available to people at every level.
SAVY Yoga Teacher Training Courses help solve this problem. SAVY system of teaching yoga is based on the proven yoga traditions from India. The Director of Teaching, Dr Jitender K Sahdev, has been involved in yoga and its teaching activities since his very early years and is well-conversant with the traditional forms of yoga and teachings of various yoga schools there. Being a qualified practising physician in India, and at the same time being involved in yoga activities, has helped him gain deeper understanding of the subject and apply it for the benefit of fellow human beings for over two decades. Similarly, the other senior and junior faculty has been trained in India, has been teaching yoga for years and is quite proficient in all range of basic, advanced and intricate yoga procedures. SAVY has developed a series of programs to offer beginners, serious practitioners, aspiring teachers and current teachers a method to upgrade and optimise their learning and practice potential, cultivate fresh teaching skills and inspire real life transformations. Also, they will help the students and teachers of yoga achieve a better and more logical and rewarding living standard!
SAVY International yoga schools have been accredited RYS-200 and RYS-300 levels by Yoga Alliance, USA, and so, are accredited to train teachers up to the highest levels of yoga study. The Yoga Alliance is one of the most established organizations for governing the national standards of yoga and the registration is valid in North America. So, those undergoing training at SAVY International are eligible to register as RYT 200 and RYT 500, depending upon their level of study, and may teach yoga in North America after completion of their training.
SAVY International has come a long way since the day of its inception in 2011! With an unrivalled fortune to be at the forefront of medical science for almost three decades in India, and learning of Yoga and allied branches through the Guru-Shishya parampara, and Alternative Medicine to back and support it all, we started with a vision and aspiration of creating an island of excellence for Yoga Science in London ON, and not just another run-of-the-mill Yoga studio, and that has been the essence of SAVY Storyline till date. From its registration in January 2011 as a Canadian business, to opening its first registered International branch in India in April 2011, to opening of its Studio in South London in August 2011, its incorporation in August, 2012, and seeing some more stabilization into 2013, the journey has been quite lively, challenging, eventful, testing to the limits at times, but very fruitful, productive, and every inch worth its march forward nonetheless! The kind patronage, loving support, inherent goodness and all-out co-operation of Londoners, which has made this possible, overwhelms me. We have come some distance, and have many more very eventful miles to go together: what follows below is just a recapitulation of salient milestones of our journey together so far, giving you a glimpse of fruition of our adventurous excursions, and an idea of what our free and unshackled flight is going to be like into the vast uncharted skies and unbundled divings into unfathomed seas in future together, anchored only by our unscathed and unflinching faith in your unconditional love and support! SAVY International Inc, headed by one of the most qualified Faculty in the world, offers World’s Most Economical RYT 200 Yoga Teacher Training Program!
We also hold various on-shore and off-shore Yoga Retreats, Workshops and Special Classes on various topics, kriyas, Nada Yoga and a number of other Yoga related activities.
We hereby invite you to experience the excellence of our services offered under one of the most qualified and experienced faculty in the world!
SAVY International Inc is the First Yoga School in the world to launch:
- A healing/ therapy program based on mindfulness, breathing exercises and Surya Yoga – MBH (Mindfulness and Breathing-Based Healing), aka DSBH Therapy (Dr Sahdev’s ‘Breathe and Heal’ Therapy), the first CANADIAN MINDFULNESS AND BREATHING EXERCISES BASED PROGRAM!
- Yoga for Fibromyalgia Teacher Training Program, for care of Fibromyalgia, CFS and related disorders.
- Yoga Therapy programs based on Yoga with Intention in Meditation (YIM) for treatment of diseases and Self-improvement.
- The first yoga school in the world to offer Yoga Alliance registered SAVY 200 (RYT 200) program in a combo – online and contact program, format.
SAVY International Inc is the First Yoga School in Canada to launch:
- A program for natural facelift, , the FIRST CANADIAN FACE YOGA PROGRAM!
- MBH/ DSBH Breathing Educator Program, the FIRST CANADIAN BREATHING EDUCATOR PROGRAM!
- SAVY TRY© (SAVY Trauma Release Yoga©), the FIRST CANADIAN PROGRAM FOR TRAUMA, PTSD, PSYCHOSES, STRESS, ANXIETY AND OTHER MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES.
- A program for cancer patients/ survivors based on breathing exercises and Sun-gazing – ‘Fight Cancer’ program, again, the FIRST CANADIAN YOGA BREATHING PROGRAM FOR CANCER CARE.
- A Yoga Teacher Training program for natural facelift, SAVY Face Yoga Teacher Training, the FIRST CANADIAN FACE YOGA TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM!
- The FIRST CANADIAN YOGA TEACHER TRAINING FOR THE 50+, A Yoga Teacher Training program through SAVY’s sister school, Bheeshma Yoga, WHICH PREPARES 50+ YOGA STUDENTS TO TEACH YOGA!
Also, SAVY International Inc has been the First Yoga School in London ON:
- To launch SAVY TRY© (Trauma Release Yoga©)
- To get RYS 500 (Now RYS 200 and RYS 300) designation from Yoga Alliance, USA
- To get RSY 200 and RSY 300) designation from Worldwide Yoga Alliance, Canada
- To become a Yoga Therapy Member School of Worldwide Yoga Alliance, Canada
- To become a Member School of IAYT, USA (We are no longer a member of IAYT)
- To introduce Yoga Therapy courses
- To introduce Yoga Therapy Programs for Major Illnesses
- To introduce Yoga Challenge Program
- To introduce 50+ Yoga
- To introduce Marma Therapy (Indian Pressure Points Therapy)
- To introduce Self-Marma Massage
- To introduce Pulse Diagnosis
- To introduce Primordial Sound Meditation
- To introduce Mantra Therapy and Meditation
- To introduce Nada Yoga and Therapy
- To introduce Sukshma Yoga Classes
- To introduce Deep Stretch Yoga Classes
- To introduce Sun/ Moon Salutation Classes
- To introduce Yoga for Chakra & Kundalini Awakening
- To introduce Yoga Nidra Classes
- To introduce ‘Mind over Matter’ Yoga
- To introduce Yoga for Men
- To introduce Ayurvedic/ Yoga Body Massages
- To introduce Ayurvedic/ Yoga Head Massages
- To introduce Marma, Mantra and Pranayama in routine Yoga Classes
- To introduce Vedic Astrology
First to introduce Bollywood & Bhangra Dance Classes in London ON
And there is a lot more to see the light of the day soon!
Thank you for your support!
Please read SAVY International Policy Statement here.
p style=”text-align: left;”>[popupwfancybox group=”GROUP1″]