SAVY Yoga Foundation Certificate Course
SERVING YOGA COMMUNITY AROUND THE WORLD!
SAVY Yoga Foundation Certificate Course, with its roots in India, lays down the foundation for unique, one of the finest, the best, the most comprehensive and very well-structured Yoga Teacher Training Programs. We help to create an inspiring and deep yoga practice, while providing thorough preparation for the aspiring yoga teacher under one of the best-qualified and experienced faculty in the world.
This 50 hour SAVY Yoga Foundation Certificate Course introduces you to the basics of traditional Yoga and is especially useful for a novice or an advanced student alike.
Dr Jitender K Sahdev, a Physician from India and a senior Faculty member, with his down to earth, to-the-point, clear and impeccable style, has been teaching yoga in India for almost three decades. SAVY International Inc is an RYS 300 and RYS 200 Yoga school. In this course, SAVY introduces you to basics of exclusively traditional Ashtanga and Vinyasa Yoga, with all its wisdom and genius. Joining a SAVY program under one of the best qualified faculty in the world trained in India and with an International teaching experience spanning over almost three decades, is like embarking upon a journey to discover all this wisdom and genius, to fathom the depths, to scale the unknown heights, to dare to tap the unexplored, huge and enormous potential of the expanse of your consciousness, the journey to discover and know yourself in the most complete and fulfilling way!
Why This Course
We promote this program as an introductory study course in Yoga. This program gives an insight into the workings of Yoga and also prepares you for further study. We accept students from all walks of life.
Once certified, practitioners will be able to volunteer to assist in Yoga activities at SAVY and join professional courses at SAVY.
Objectives of the course are:
- To introduce you to sadhana (yoga practice) and experience the benefits of yoga
- Introduction to history and philosophy of Yoga
- To prepare you for more challenging RYT 200 course
- To get into the learning environment at SAVY which opens up avenues for further growth for you
Credits of this program will be counted towards some SAVY Yoga programs. Certification Test is mandatory for this purpose.
What You’ll Learn
Though more focused on basics, curriculum is on similar lines as RYT 200. In this program, you will explore:
- Kriyas and Mudras
- Yoga Anatomy and Physiology
- Yoga History and Philosophy
- Teaching Practice
- Breath, Bandhas, Drishti and Alignment based traditional ashtanga Yoga
- Prepare yourself for Yoga Alliance Registered SAVY 200 (RYT 200), SAVY 500 (RYT 500) courses
- Comprehensive, authentic, world class, one of the best training in all aspects of Yoga
- Authentic Traditional Ashtanaga and Vinyasa Yoga training based on authentic Yoga with its deep roots in India
- Introduction to basic Asanas, Pranayama, some Marma and Mantra etc
- Clear, concise, to-the-point subject matter and instruction
- One of the most qualified, experienced faculty in the world
- Preference for Dr Sahdev’s ‘Breathe and Heal’ Breathing Educator Program
- Train up to the highest level – RYS 200, RYS 300 Yoga School
- Delve deep into the field of Yoga – Keep learning and sharing knowledge
- Know SAVY Yoga and be conversant with all styles of Yoga
Strengths of the Program.
The biggest asset of programs at SAVY, and for SAVY 200 or RYT 200 Yoga Teacher Training, is that you get to train under an E-RYT 500 yoga teacher who has been actively practicing as a Physician in Modern Medicine in India for last almost three decades, along with working on and teaching Yoga, Yoga Therapy and Alternative Medicine. You get to imbibe and assimilate all that knowledge and understanding during your training!
You get to know about the eight limbs, as well as you are set on a path to know in depth about yoga postures, pranayama, meditation, mantra and a lot more. Successful graduates will be able volunteer to assist in Yoga teaching and other activities at SAVY Studios and will be eligible to register for RYT 200. Learning is a never-ending process, and this program lays a great, basic, firm, sound and accurate foundation.
This training is appropriate for aspiring teachers as well as dedicated students who are interested in deepening their practice and understanding of Yoga.
This course is provided in hybrid format directly under a Registered Yoga Teacher.
- 1 week format, or
- 2 week format, or
- Week-end format
Schedule of Upcoming Courses
- Contact Hours Program: Please click here for calendar of upcoming RYT 200 courses, and scroll down on the page.
Please check the details and updates of schedule with the Studio.
Any change in schedule is at the sole discretion of SAVY International Inc.
Pre-requisites for SAVY Yoga Foundation Certificate Course
Any healthy person can join this program. The Program Director will review the application to determine the suitability of the applicant to participate in the program. Please start the registration process one month before the start date of the program.
- be at least 16 years of age
- have a current regular yoga practice
- be available to commit to the full course schedule
- be able to pay for the course tuition
- be available for an interview
Also, preference will be given to applicants who can document:
- a study of yoga for a minimum of 2 years (more experience is highly recommended), or
- practice of yoga for 100 hours under an RYT 200 teacher at SAVY or elsewhere
In a nutshell, the application process consists of the following steps:
Step 1: Check your eligibility
Step 2: Submit your Application Form
Step 3: Interview
Step 4: Acceptance into the Course
Step 5: Enroll in the course
The full details can be seen on the Yoga Teacher Training Application page. Please click on the link below to check the details and to register.
Course Cost for SAVY Yoga Foundation Certificate Course
Application Fee will be applicable. Tuition fee is to be deposited at least one month before the course starts.
- SAVY Yoga Foundation Course Routine
- Guidance on daily Yoga and Meditation Practices
- Daily Yoga Asana and Meditation Practices and more…
Tuition Fee Payment :
Lump sum Payment
(In addition to Application Fee of $295 at the time of Application)
- To be deposited 1 month before the start date of the course $700.00
Certification Test Fee is to be submitted towards the end of the course once all dues are cleared and all assignments are submitted. Required text books are an extra expense.
Please check offers on RYT 200 Yoga Teacher Training courses here.
Register NOW to book your spot!
Limited seats available.
YTT Scholarships and Karma Bursary
To check the details of SAVY Yoga Mentorship Program (SYMP), please click here.
To know how to become a DSBH Breathing Educator, please click here.
p style=”text-align: center;”>Namastey!