Beat the Beast
SAVY International Inc./ SAVY Yoga Studio has started a novel series Beat the Beast – a series of 10-day workshops, each one targeted at different major diseases as well as positive health. Under this series, we offer workshops on some very useful Yoga routines including yoga postures, breathing exercises, marma therapy, nada yoga, shithilakaran, meditation techniques, mudras, kriyas, and a lot more – all that which is specifically effective for the said health issue and has a proven role in the care of that particular state. Participants will be required to attend 90-minute classes for the specified 10 days.
Yoga for Breast Cancer
Claiming Your Breast Health Back
Beat the Beast series, based on Yoga, Pranayama, Nada, Marmas, Meditation and more, offers immense healing potential for the body, mind and spirit.
Breast cancer is a complex disease that will affect 1 in 8 (1 in 9, in Canada) women during their lifetime. Breast cancer continues to be the most common cancer diagnosis in women in Canada over the age of 20 and the second leading cause of cancer deaths in Canadian women, after lung cancer. However, fewer women in Canada are dying from breast cancer today than in the past. In addition, there are minor diseases of breasts too which this workshop intends to address.
Yoga is not just physical stretching, but it is a whole science of life! Yoga and Ayurveda offer many ways of helping in diseases.
SAVY offers programs based on Yoga, Marma, Kriyas, Mudras, effective breathing techniques and other healing elements of Yoga. Validated by the stringent test of time and the millions who tried them in the past, and backed and refined by Dr Sahdev’s almost three decades of superlative clinical experience at the fore-front of main-stream Medicine, inspired by his work in Surgical Oncology, Neurosurgery and other Super Specialities at premier medical institutes in India, his study and work in other Alternative modalities and Yoga, and an input of thousands of hours of educated and qualified clinical research and its deep analysis in India, these breathing and other techniques have been proved to actually deliver!
Right from the day of SAVY‘s inception, we’ve put benefits of all the advanced and superlative skills and knowledge on offer for the benefit of humanity under our Yoga Therapy programs, specifically including:
We offer very well-structured, effective, advanced and result-oriented programs for Cancer care as well as other diseases. These are the methods which work at cellular level and root out any insufficiency. As studies are proving, Yoga has a definite role to play in breast cancer management too.
The Overall and Personal Cost of Breast Cancer
Every year many people suffer from ill effects and even physical incapacity, fatigue, time off work or school with a poor quality of life, ongoing financial expenses and a deteriorating condition. Other than loss of income to family members, there are costs incurred by women with breast cancer and their families. Informal costs, such as the family labor for patient care and non-reimbursed out-of-pocket expenditures to care for the patient with breast cancer, need to be considered. Family care costs need to be considered along with the formal and direct reimbursable medical costs as an essential component of breast cancer care cost.
What do I learn in a Yoga for Breast Cancer Workshop?
You will be practicing a capsule of extremely useful exercises, physical as well as mental, in a time-bound manner. This program sets you on a course to perfection in body, mind and spirit! This could truly be a LIFE TRANSFORMING experience for you. Whether you are brand new to yoga or are a seasoned yoga practitioner, you will find this yoga workshop a truly rewarding experience physically, emotionally, medically, socially and spiritually. You will learn, in a nutshell, about common breast diseases, breast cancer, their symptoms, their pathogenesis according to Modern Medicine and the Yoga/ Ayurveda perspective. You’ll also be given an overview of all major modalities of treatment available. You’ll be given an overview of the role of yoga in these diseases. Based on DSBH Therapy and Dr. Sahdev’s clinical work in India spanning over three decades, we’ll introduce you to a system of breathing retraining and routine of yogic exercises. This system has:
- Scientific basis – based on the standard principles of yoga and breathing, guidelines of the science of breathing – Pranayama and supported by research
- Natural – it’s all natural and no supplements, vitamins, pills are advised
- Drug-free – categorically no drugs are involved in any form
- Potent – as medical research into their effectivity has shown so far, these methods are quite effective and potent, and in good hands and with proper guidance, success rate is quite predictable
- Effective – these breathing exercises significantly decrease stress, anxiety, insomnia symptoms and can be really helpful
- Safe – we follow international best practice guidelines
How is it beneficial to me?
Beat the Beast – Yoga for Breast Cancer workshop sets you on a course to perfection in body, mind and spirit! As the latest studies suggest, it can be useful for prevention as well as during and after treatment.
Here are some of the benefits of attending this program:
- This program sets you on a course to perfection. You learn healthy habits which you can continue to follow.
- At the completion of the program, develop an on-going daily practice of your own.
- PRACTICE! PRACTICE! PRACTICE!
- The benefits of a regular practice cannot be over-emphasised!
- Natural weight management.
- Develop a body that is more flexible, healthier and stronger.
- Learn how to manage stress effectively.
- Reduce chronic pain.
- Develop the habit of waking up early, thus leaving much more of the day for yourself.
- Morning yoga gives you abundant energy and vitality for the rest of the day.
- Develop a strong will-power.
- Detoxify and cleanse your body.
- Develop healthier eating habits.
- There are innumerable other benefits beyond this list.
Also, this workshop will give you an overview of common breast diseases, breast cancer, their symptoms, their pathogenesis according to Modern Medicine and the Yoga/ Ayurveda perspective. It introduces you to yoga and breathing re-training which is completely natural, safe, potent, effective and totally drug-free. You receive advice on management. If you are suffering from Insomnia, Panic Attacks or Sleep Apnoea the appropriate advice will be applicable to improve these specific conditions too. The Workshop teaches you strategies which help you to optimize health. The aim is to learn yoga routine to help you lead a normal healthy life again.
You’ll get guidance and aid to continue doing that after attending workshop. You can also opt for follow-up plans. All this helps you deal with the problem in a more systematic and positive way.
- At cellular level, this routine will put on a road to recovery from disease and senescence
- Significant reduction in/or elimination of stress and anxiety medications
- Significant reduction in/or elimination of post-treatment symptoms
- Symptomatic relief of other psycho-somatic disorders
- Increased stamina and energy levels, better work performance, improved sleep
- Decreased stress levels, increased happiness
Who does this workshop help?
The workshop is most useful for those people who are prepared to take time and responsibility to control their problems. The workshop will be useful to anybody who can follow instructions, do breathing exercises and wants to learn more about his/ her problems and is open to newer medically-documented solutions. It is useful for people with all types and degrees of severity of stress and anxiety as well as people with other disorders such as insomnia, snoring, sleep apnoea and panic attacks. It is also effective in reducing chronic fatigue. It works for those who are and remain willing and motivated to act upon the advice given in the workshop.
What does Beat the Beast workshop entail?
Beat the Beast workshop consists of 90-minute practice on each day, for 10 week – days. Clients learn yoga and breathing exercises. These exercises are known and proven to be effective and help in recovery.
Top Ten Reasons to attend ‘Beat the Beast’ workshop at SAVY
1. Highest standards of Professionalism, Qualifications and Experience
It’s vital to learn correct and proper techniques for yoga and breathing exercises. Dr. Jitender K Sahdev, President at SAVY International Inc. and creator of Yoga and Pranayama programs at SAVY, has been working in India as a Surgeon for the last almost three decades, is one of the most qualified and experienced Yoga experts in the world with an E-RYT 500 from Yoga Alliance, USA, is a Yoga Therapist and a member of International Association of Yoga Therapists, USA, and has M.D., Ph.D. and D.Sc. degrees in Alternative Medicine. He has worked in Neurosurgery, Surgical Oncology, Critical Care, and many other Super Specialities in India. The programs are a result of a lifetime of the most exhaustive experience in Medicine, Alternative Medicine and Yoga. SAVY International Inc. is an RYS 200 and RYS 300 yoga school. Our registered yoga teachers have the highest ranks as yoga teachers, are Yoga Therapists and are trained and experienced DSBH Educators as well. We train yoga teachers, yoga therapists, Marma Therapists, DSBH Educators etc.
2. Pre-Workshop Consultations are free
Our 15 minute pre-workshop consultations are free. We listen to you. Book your pre-workshop consultation now!
3.Proven Workshop Formats
The workshop gives you a lot of information which is amazing in practical application. It consists of procedures and breathing exercises which are considered very useful and most are of proven value. We strive to bring the most comprehensive knowledge and proven application techniques to you.
Because of small group size, you get individual attention and all your questions are answered and concerns addressed.
We offer the best value for money services. Free pre-workshop consultation, free Question-Answer sessions after workshop and training material for workshop. Under one of the most qualified faculty in the world, with one of the best programs, our costs are most competitive.
Your feedback is a very important to us. We understand psychological and emotional aspects of dealing with a chronic health condition, and we use a persistent, but non-stressful, approach. Your co-operation is of paramount importance.
7.Best Support in Industry
We believe in a long and congenial Client – Practitioner relationship. All messages, emails and enquiries are answered promptly.
We are result-oriented and committed to work, given the willingness and commitment on your part too.
9.We welcome a dialog with your Health-Care Provider
We understand that searching for the best available options is a goal of any chronic health condition management. Information about our programs and DSBH therapy is available on our website for your health care provider.
10.We are flexible
We understand the demands of modern life, costs in health and disease and respect your time. We’ll try our best to be flexible and accommodate your schedule.
An Overview of what you learn in Beat the Beast Workshop
This programme will give you a better understanding, a sense of control and an improved quality of life right from Day 1. Practised regularly, with commitment, what you learn here will produce improvements in every area of life.
- filling up of registration and waiver form
- introduction to breast diseases and breast cancer
- understanding the problems
- introduction to disease monitoring
- introduction to some exercises
Day 2 – Day 7
- introduction to and practice of fuller routines of yoga postures and breathing exercises, in a graded manner
- the importance of, and how to maintain 24 hour nasal breathing, even during sleep
- Introduction to basic exercises in DSBH Therapy- Module 1, and the concept of Breath Holding Time (BHT)
- learn and practise vital breathing and mind/body relaxation techniques
Day 8 – 10
- practice of full routines of yoga postures, breathing exercises and other elements of yoga
- DSBH Therapy and the concept of Breath Holding Time (BHT) in more detail
- practise of vital breathing and mind/body relaxation techniques
- Question- Answer Session
- Feedback – we check your results to make sure you are practising correctly.
The program will consist of a group-based practice led by a knowledgeable and experienced instructor. Here are the details:
Please confirm final dates with the studio at the time of registration.
- Time: 90-Minute Class On week Days: 6:00 AM – 7:30 AM
- Where: SAVY International South London Yoga Studio at 163 Concord Road London ON N6G 3H9
- Formats: Two-week Format
- A firm commitment to complete the program without missing any class (except in an emergency). To underline the importance of this, you are required to sign a form stating the same at the beginning of the program. Missed classes will not be compensated in any way.
- At the end of the program, continue the same practice at home or sign-up for other relevant programs to make it a life-long habit.
- Cost: Total cost is $999 for 10-day workshop.
- Components of Program:
- Asana (physical postures/stretching)
- Yoga Nidra/ Shithilikaran (relaxation)
- Pranayama (breathing techniques)
- Mudras and Kriyas
- Self Marma Massage of important Marma Bindus
- Aum Chanting
- Energy Healing
- Chakra and Kundalini Awakening Exercises
- General Ayurvedic Detox Diet advice
- Pearls of Ancient Wisdom
Daily Practice will include:
- Asana: We will practice a variety of relevant asanas (physical postures) during this period. Even though we shall maintain the same basic pattern, each day we might either introduce a new pose or practice variations of different poses. The asana practice will improve strength, flexibility, endurance and balance in different parts of the body. Also, asanas act on different Marma points and hence on Chakras.
- Yoga Nidra/ Shithlikaran: Yoga Nidra/ Shithilikaran (deep relaxation) helps not only relax the body but also helps calm the nerves, the mind and activate the parasympathetic nervous system.
- Pranayama: Pranayama is the bridge between our physical body and other sheaths. Various pranayama (breathing techniques) practices will include all or some of – bhastrika (deep forceful breathing), kapaalabhaati (breath of fire), bahya pranayama (holding the breath out), agnisaar ( belows breathing with breath holding), anulom vilom (alternate nostril breathing), many other deep breathing practices, sectional breathing, shitali (cooling breaths), breath retention (kumbhaka), bandhas (energy locks) and much more.
- Mudras and Kriyas: You’ll receive guidance for relevant mudras/ kriyas.
- Meditation: We shall practice a few simple but very effective meditation techniques.
- Self-Marma Massage: Marma bindus are the energy points which connect to the chakras through nadis. Self-massage of various important marmas helps open up energy channels and balance chakras.
- Nada: Nada (Indian Classical Music) notes have the same effect as the Marma bindu massage and help to open up and balance various chakras. We’ll be practising various notes and may even practice some compositions based on various ragas on different occasions.
- AUM Chanting: AUM is the primordial sound and AUM chanting has a healing effect on all our sheaths. We’ll be investing some of our time in it daily.
- Energy Healing: Various exercises are conducive to very positive energy fields around us while practicing in a group. We’ll be doing these exercises on different occasions.
- Chakra and Kudalini Awakening Exercises: Various procedures, chants, exercises which help balance chakras and so are conducive to kundalini awakening in the long run will also be done.
- Ayurvedic/ Yoga Dietary Advice: Importance of diet on the basis of body type, and its role in healing will also be highlighted. You will be given a general advice on diet throughout the program.
- Yoga philosophy: Understanding of concepts of yoga philosophy will be shared while practicing asana, pranayama and meditation so we can develop a deeper understanding of the yoga practice as well as learn more.
DSBH Therapy, full program – optional but STRONGLY recommended!
As experts, we understand the importance of full-fledged training program, follow-up, support and encouragement on the road to recovery. We are committed to providing you as much help as you need to achieve your personal health goals.
You are encouraged to register for more advanced programs and go further on the road to recovery.
We also recommend making use of other specialized services available at SAVY Studio.
In addition to committing to the yoga practice as outlined above, we would strongly urge you to commit to the following for the duration of the program:
- ‘sattvic’, light, nutritious, VEGETARIAN food (no meat, poultry, oil, fish or eggs).
- No alcohol, drugs, tobacco or any other item of similar nature.
- A personal practice as recommended, especially in the early morning.
Also, to help achieve your goals, we strongly recommend availing the following services at SAVY Studio:
- Yoga Therapy Consultation
- DSBH Therapy
- Yoga Nutrition Programs
- Marma Therapy
- Mantra Consultation
- Vedic Astrology Consultation
- Ayurvedic Supplements Consultation
How To Join the Program
- Decide about joining the program. You can come for a 15-minute Pre-Workshop consultation.
- Check with us, or online if the space is available for the batch.
- Make your payment on telephone or in person at the Yoga Studio.
- Your spot will be reserved after receiving full payment.
*HST is charged extra on all payments.
Note : You should check with your health care professional before starting this or any new exercise program or breathing routine. This is especially important if you have any pre-existing health conditions, such as high blood pressure, migraines or heart or lung ailments. Women who are pregnant or think they might be pregnant should consult their physician before performing any of the breathing or physical exercises.
p style=”text-align: justify;”>The information contained in the program is not intended to serve as a replacement for professional medical advice. Any use of the information in these programs/ workshops is at the reader’s discretion, risk and responsibility. The studio, author and the publisher specifically disclaim any and all liability arising directly or indirectly from the use or application of any information contained herein. A health care professional should be consulted regarding your specific situation.