Ilio-psoas – Seat of the Spirit Teacher Training
Ilio-psoas – Seat of the Spirit, Seat of the Soul, Soil of the Soul, Muscle of the Soul – are terms denoting respect to the Ilio-psoas muscle. The ilio-psoas muscle, the first muscle to develop in-utero, is sometimes classified as two separate muscles – iliacus and psoas major. It plays a central role in asanas. It is a primal, instinctive muscle that directly interacts with our brain and nervous system and is the only muscle that connects the spine and lower body. It is also an important muscle off the mat – affects posture, helps stabilize the spine, and, when out of balance, can be a significant contributor to low back and pelvic pain. The way we use psoas in our yoga practice can either help keep it healthy, strong, and flexible, or, conversely, can perpetuate harmful imbalances. Throughout our daily interactions, ilio-psoas constantly communicates with all of our organs and other systems in the body including the kidneys, the heart, the diaphragm and reproductive organs as their nerve endings literally integrate with one another. So, at a physical level, these muscles connect the upper and lower body and are also know as our hip flexors. At an emotional level, this muscle plays a major role in our survival instincts and is the primary muscle that activates fight or flight and is instructing our nervous system at a primal level as to how to activate that system. At energy level, it is located in the area where our first four chakras reside and greatly affects the overall energetic body. Certain physical activities, the stresses of everyday life, physical or emotional trauma, and aging can wreak havoc on psoas muscles which can cause dehydration of the muscle, limitation of mobility, pain, emotional issues, and a confused nervous system. The ilio-psoas is far more than a core stabilizing muscle – it is an organ of perception composed of bio-intelligent tissue and literally embodies our deepest urge for survival, and more profoundly, our elemental desire to flourish.
The goal of Ilio-psoas – Seat of the Spirit Teacher Training is to meet students where they are at present, identify their problems and help them modify poses. Dr Sahdev’s Principles of Yoga Practice for Yoga Teachers and Therapists are especially more relevant from Yoga point of view.
This 50 Hours Ilio-psoas – Seat of the Spirit Teacher Training course is an advanced Speciality Yoga Teacher Training course and is taught under a Primary E-RYT 500. This can be taken up as an Elective for SAVY 500 (RYT 500) course in-Studio, or, as a separate course, online as well.
Credits of this course would be counted towards RYT 500 course only if taken in-Studio.
If you are looking for genuine Traditional Ashtanga and Vinyasa based Yoga Teacher Training Programs, then Yoga Teacher Training programs at SAVY International Inc, registered with Yoga Alliance USA, provide the correct answer. Dr Jitender K Sahdev, a senior faculty member, has been teaching yoga in India to all age groups for almost three decades. SAVY International Inc is an RYS 300 and RYS 200 Yoga school. SAVY brings exclusively traditional Ashtanga and Vinyasa Yoga, with all its wisdom and genius, to this part of the world. Joining a SAVY program is like embarking upon a journey to discover all this wisdom and genius, to fathom the depths, to scale the unknown heights, to dare to start to tap the unexplored, huge and enormous potential of the expanse of your consciousness, the journey to discover and know yourself in a more complete way!
Ilio-psoas – Seat of the Spirit Teacher Training is for Yoga Teachers with their 200 hour certification working towards their RYT 500 certificate and for anyone seeking to experience the benefits of Chair Yoga as well as health professionals, body workers, physical therapists and exercise instructors.
Strengths of the Program.
Dr Sahdev has developed Principles for Yoga Teachers and Therapists guiding Yoga practice. The biggest asset of Yoga Teacher Training programs at SAVY is that you get to train under an E-RYT 500 yoga teacher who has been actively practicing as a Physician in Modern Medicine in India for last almost three decades, along with working on and teaching Yoga, Yoga Therapy and Alternative Medicine. You get to imbibe and assimilate all that knowledge and understanding during your training!
You get to understand very clearly the very basic concepts related to Ilio-psoas, laying a solid foundation for deeper understanding of the subject. You get to know about the eight limbs, as well as you are set on a path to know in depth about yoga postures, pranayama, meditation, mantra, marma, yogic kriyas, shatkarma and a lot more. Successful graduates will be well-trained to apply this knowledge in their practice. In addition to this, the students also get a chance to get familiar with the correct perspective on Ayurveda, Pranayama, Marma Therapy, Mantra Yoga, Nada Yoga, Tantra Yoga, Primordial Sound Meditation, other dynamic and adynamic meditation techniques, Surya Yoga, Swara Yoga, Chandra Yoga, and lots of other lesser understood ancient sciences. Learning is a never-ending process, and this program provides great, basic, firm, sound and accurate information.
This training is appropriate for aspiring teachers as well as dedicated students who are interested in deepening their practice and understanding of Yoga.
What You’ll Learn
In Ilio-psoas – Seat of the Spirit Teacher Training, we’ll investigate ways to subtly, and not so subtly, release, unravel, hydrate, lengthen, and soften our ilio-psoas complexes. We’ll work on ways to get to know our psoas/iliopsoas through gentle/restorative asana, somatic movement, and sound. This is suitable for just about anyone. By learning to relax the psoas muscles you literally are energizing your deepest core by reconnecting with the powerful energy of the earth.
- Breath, Bandhas, Drishti and Alignment based traditional ashtanga Yoga
- Yoga Alliance Registered SAVY 200 (RYT 200), SAVY 500 (RYT 500) courses
- Comprehensive, authentic, world class, one of the best training in all aspects of Yoga
- Authentic Traditional Ashtanaga and Vinyasa Yoga training based on authentic Yoga with its deep roots in India
- Asanas, Pranayama, Pratyahara, Dhyana, Kriyas. Chakras, Kundalini Awakening, Shatkarma, Marma, Mantra etc
- Clear, concise, to-the-point subject matter and instruction
- One of the most qualified, experienced faculty in the world
- Registered– become a Registered Yoga Teacher
- Preference for Dr Sahdev’s ‘Breathe and Heal’ Breathing Educator Program
- Train up to the highest level – RYS 200, RYS 300 Yoga School
- Go in for Speciality Yoga Teacher Training Programs
- Delve deep into the field of Yoga – Keep learning and sharing knowledge
- Know SAVY Yoga and be conversant with all styles of Yoga
- Affordable, easy payment schedule/ options available
This course is provided in online as well as in Studio directly under Primary E-RYT 500.
SAVY aims to bring the authentic, accurate, genuine and the best teachings of yoga from the most respected schools in an encapsulated program for every student of Yoga, that will make proficient & confident teachers capable of teaching anywhere in the World and to a diverse audience.
The following description is applicable to Yoga professionals registered with Yoga Alliance, USA, and is provided as advisory:
- RYT 500. Contact hours of the course will be counted towards RYT 500 course if completed in-Studio under Primary E-RYT 500. Certification Test is mandatory for this purpose. Certificate of Merit and completion of the course will be issued to the candidates only after Certification Test.
- Contact Hours. Contact Hours for Continuing Education can be claimed for this course if taken in-Studio under Primary E-RYT 500. Certification Test is not mandatory for this purpose. Candidates will be provided a Certificate of Attendance for the course.
- Non-Contact Hours. Full duration for Continuing Education can be claimed for this course as non-Contact Hours if taken in-Studio under Primary E-RYT 500 or online. Certification Test is not mandatory for this purpose. Candidates will be provided a Certificate of Attendance for the course.
Though every care is taken to keep the information current, please do check and confirm for the latest updates at the time of registration for the course.
Professional from other streams of professions who choose to take up the course should check with their respective regulatory/ monitoring bodies.
Responsibility of SAVY International Inc. and its Directors, officials and other staff is only up to delivery of the course. No responsibility regarding credit of continuing education hours or acceptance for any other reason by other organizations/ institutes/ associations will be accepted/ entertained by SAVY International Inc. or any of its Directors, officials, teachers etc.
Please check the schedule of upcoming Yoga Teacher Training programs below:
Schedule of Upcoming Courses of SAVY Chair Yoga Teacher Training
- In Studio Programs:
Week-day Format, Starting on
- January 29, 2015 ( 6 am to 10 pm*)
- Please confirm exact dates with the Studio.
Note: *Dates and times subject to confirmation.
Pre-requisites & Course Cost for Ilio-psoas – Seat of the Spirit Teacher Training (IPSS)
Interested participants are invited to register for the program. Please register one month before the start date of the respective courses.
- Students applying for IPSS course must provide an RYT 200 certificate from an RYS 200 school registered with Yoga Alliance. Professionals from other streams may submit their respective qualifications.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate a general level of health and fitness. If you do not fulfill these conditions, your case will be individually assessed.
- The Program Director will review the application to determine the preparedness of the applicant to participate in the program. Final selection will be subject to interview with the Program Director.
Registration Fee will be applicable as described above.
Balance Tuition fee is to be deposited at least one month before the course starts.
Balance Tuition Fee Payment :
Lump sum Payment
(In addition to Registration Fee of $295 at the time of Registration)
To be deposited 1 month before the start date of the course $200.00
Check the details and updates of schedule with the Studio.
Any change in schedule is at the sole discretion of SAVY International Inc.
Register NOW to book your spot! Limited seats available.
Ilio-psoas – Seat of the Spirit Teacher Training Curriculum
To check the details of SAVY Yoga Mentorship Program (SYMP), please click here.
To know how to become a DSBH Breathing Educator, please click here.