Integrated Anatomy and Therapeutics
For individuals taking it as a Specialized Training: Experience in Yoga and/ or Human Anatomy is an asset but not necessary.
There’s a lot to learn about the human body and it’s easy to get overwhelmed! As yoga teachers, we have a wonderful opportunity to help yoga students learn about their bodies and how all the separate bones, joints, and muscles work together in harmony to create yoga poses. Using the correct anatomical names for body parts can simplify and streamline this process immensely. However, some yoga teachers rarely make anatomical references because it doesn’t fit their teaching style, or because they have little training in anatomy. Other teachers clearly enjoy talking about anatomy but don’t want to risk students being bored or lost in a technical discussion. It’s helpful to remember that the biggest reason to learn anatomy is to facilitate healthy practice and help students understand what’s actually going on in the body. There is no end to learning and it is a continuous and life-long process, but there are some bare essentials which are very helpful: the understanding of human body, what happens during a yoga posture, what changes should be expected, what precautions should be taken and why, what are energy bodies and what happens to them during Yoga postures, Pranayama, Mediattion, Mindfulness etc.
Discover the fascinating Anatomy and the wonderful understanding it bestows upon its student, which can be easily employed in Therapeutics! Understanding of movement acts as a gateway for deeper understanding of Yoga, Therapeutics, self-development and even spiritual transformation. Integrated Anatomy and Therapeutics Teacher Training course is a unique opportunity to immerse in a 95-hour intensive program weaving together body structure in terms of muscles, bones, alignments, Yoga postures, energy body, theory, practicum and self-discovery. Body, mind and spirit unite as we delve deep into these tools for empowerment and understand and catalyze the divinity within.
Whether you aspire to teach Yoga posture techniques or simply desire a deeper understanding to awaken your own potential, this intensive may be just right for you. While previous study of Anantomy is not required, you should already relate to the structure of the body and the deeper insight into the functioning it provides.This course provides you with a knowledge base where an average instruction ends! It is about doing poses with greater understanding, fluently and effortlessly, and performing from the inside out. Stretching beyond the illusion of the apparent beautiful outer form, we begin to recognize the consciousness and Truth that moves us all.
The approach to the course is holistic and expansive – from the secrets of body structure and energy work, to experiencing exercises for self-expression and empowerment. It is all here for you…and you will learn how to share this joyful, mesmerizing magic with others!
The focus includes prevention to keep the body safe, healthy, strong and flexible, and therapeutics for any existing structural and functional health issues.
This 100 Hours Integrated Anatomy and Therapeutics Teacher Training is an advanced Speciality Yoga Teacher Training course and is taught under a Primary E-RYT 500. This can be taken up as an Elective for SAVY 500 (RYT 500) course in-Studio.
Credits of this course would be counted towards RYT 500 course.
If you are looking for genuine Traditional Ashtanga and Vinyasa based Yoga Teacher Training Programs, then Yoga Teacher Training programs at SAVY International Inc, registered with Yoga Alliance USA, provide the correct answer. Dr Jitender K Sahdev, a senior faculty member, has been teaching yoga in India to all age groups for almost three decades. SAVY International Inc is an RYS 300 and RYS 200 Yoga school. SAVY brings exclusively traditional Ashtanga and Vinyasa Yoga, with all its wisdom and genius, to this part of the world. Joining a SAVY program is like embarking upon a journey to discover all this wisdom and genius, to fathom the depths, to scale the unknown heights, to dare to start to tap the unexplored, huge and enormous potential of the expanse of your consciousness, the journey to discover and know yourself in a more complete way!
Yoga Teachers and Yoga Teachers in Training interested in understanding Yoga more deeply. The certification program may also be of special interest to Kinesiologists, Physicians, Naturopaths, RMT’s, Chiropractors, PT (physical therapist), OT (occupational therapist), CSW (clinical social worker), RNs (registered nurses), or other healthcare professionals.
Strengths of the Program.
Dr Sahdev has developed Principles for Yoga Teachers and Therapists guiding Yoga practice. We follow these principles meticulously. The biggest asset of Yoga Teacher Training programs at SAVY is that you get to train under an E-RYT 500 yoga teacher who has been actively practicing as a Physician in Modern Medicine in India for last almost three decades, along with working on and teaching Yoga, Yoga Therapy and Alternative Medicine. He received many awards as a dancer also. You get to imbibe and assimilate all that knowledge and understanding during your training!
You get to know about the eight limbs, as well as you are set on a path to know in depth about yoga postures, pranayama, meditation, mantra, marma, yogic kriyas, shatkarma, tantra and a lot more. Successful graduates will be well-trained to understand Integrated Anatomy and Therapeutics. In addition to this, the students also get a chance to get familiar with the correct perspective on Pranayama, Marma Therapy, Mantra Yoga, Nada Yoga, Tantra Yoga, Primordial Sound Meditation, other dynamic and adynamic meditation techniques, Surya Yoga, Swara Yoga, Chandra Yoga, and lots of other lesser understood ancient sciences. Learning is a never-ending process, and this program provides great, basic, firm, sound and accurate information.
This training is appropriate for aspiring teachers as well as dedicated students who are interested in deepening their practice and understanding of Yoga.
What You’ll Learn
The course covers a vast number of inter-related topics: some elements are very specific to Integrated Anatomy and Therapeutics and techniques and others fall within the broad category of self-discovery and teaching methodology.
Most of all, recognize that understanding this information takes time and is really a life-long endeavor.
- Major movements of the body.
- Major bones of the body.
- Major joints of the body.
- Major muscles of the body.
- The structure, composition and function of the spine.
- Muscles in action in essential yoga poses.
- Alignment that could put the body at risk.
- Anatomy of the Energy Body and Koshas
- Chakras and Marmas
- Techniques and Methods used to transmit knowledge
- Yoga Postures explained
- Balancing surya and chandra energies
- And as usual, a lot more…
Teacher training methodology topics include:
- Anatomical Basis of planning the structure of classes and workshops
- Warm-ups and cool downs
- Teaching ethics
- Introduction to marketing and public relations
- Breath, Bandhas, Drishti and Alignment based traditional ashtanga Yoga
- Yoga Alliance Registered SAVY 200 (RYT 200), SAVY 500 (RYT 500) courses
- Comprehensive, authentic, world class, one of the best training in all aspects of Yoga
- Authentic Traditional Ashtanaga and Vinyasa Yoga training based on authentic Yoga with its deep roots in India
- Asanas, Pranayama, Pratyahara, Dhyana, Kriyas. Chakras, Kundalini Awakening, Shatkarma, Marma, Mantra etc
- Clear, concise, to-the-point subject matter and instruction
- One of the most qualified, experienced faculty in the world
- Registered– become a Registered Yoga Teacher
- Preference for Dr Sahdev’s ‘Breathe and Heal’ Breathing Educator Program
- Train up to the highest level – RYS 200, RYS 300 Yoga School
- Go in for Speciality Yoga Teacher Training Programs
- Delve deep into the field of Yoga – Keep learning and sharing knowledge
- Know SAVY Yoga and be conversant with all styles of Yoga
- Affordable, easy payment schedule/ options available
- This course is provided as in-Studio training directly under Primary E-RYT 500.
SAVY aims to bring the authentic, accurate, genuine and best teachings of yoga from the most respected schools in an encapsulated program for every student of Yoga, that will make proficient & confident teachers capable of teaching anywhere in the World and to a diverse audience.
The following description is applicable to Yoga professionals registered with Yoga Alliance, USA, and is provided as advisory:
- RYT 500. 75 hours will be credited towards RYT 500 course for students who successfully complete in-Studio course under Primary E-RYT 500. Certification Test is mandatory for this purpose. Certificate of Merit and completion of the course will be issued to the candidates only after Certification Test.
- Contact Hours. Up to 75 Hours for Continuing Education can be claimed for this course as Contact Hours. Certification Test is not mandatory for this purpose. Candidates will be provided a Certificate of Attendance for the course.
- Non-Contact Hours. 20-Hours for Continuing Education can be claimed for this course as non-Contact Hours. Certification Test is not mandatory for this purpose. Candidates will be provided a Certificate of Attendance for the course.
Though every care is taken to keep the information current, please do check and confirm for the latest updates at the time of registration for the course. It is RYT’s responsibility.
Professionals from other streams of professions who choose to take up the course should check with their respective regulatory/ monitoring bodies.
Responsibility of SAVY International Inc. and its Directors, officials and other staff is only up to delivery of the course. No responsibility regarding credit of continuing education hours or acceptance for any other reason by other organizations/ institutes/ associations will be accepted/ entertained by SAVY International Inc. or any of its Directors, officials, teachers etc.
Please check the schedule of upcoming Yoga Teacher Training programs below:
Schedule of Upcoming Courses of SAVY Yoga for Seniors Teacher Training
In Studio Programs:
Week-end Format, Starting on
- May 8, 2015, ( Friday, Saturday and Sunday*)
- Please confirm exact dates with the Studio.
Note: *Dates and times subject to confirmation.
Check the details and updates of schedule with the Studio.
Any change in schedule is at the sole discretion of SAVY International Inc.
Pre-requisites & Course Cost for SAVY Yoga Dance Training Program (SYDTT)
Interested participants are invited to register for the program. Please register one month before the start date of the respective courses.
- Students applying for IAT course must provide an RYT 200 certificate from an RYS 200 school registered with Yoga Alliance. Professionals from other streams may submit their respective qualifications.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate a general level of health and fitness. If you do not fulfill these conditions, your case will be individually assessed.
- The Program Director will review the application to determine the preparedness of the applicant to participate in the program. Final selection will be subject to interview with the Program Director.
Registration Fee and Spot-Booking Fee will be applicable as described above.
Balance Tuition fee is to be deposited at least one month before the course starts.
Balance Tuition Fee Payment :
Lump sum Payment
(In addition to Registration Fee of $295 at the time of Registration and $500 Spot Booking Fee)
To be deposited 1 month before the start date of the course $1200.00
Register NOW to book your spot! Limited seats available.
Integrated Anatomy and Therapeutics Teacher Training Curriculum
To check the details of SAVY Yoga Mentorship Program (SYMP), please click here.
To know how to become a DSBH Breathing Educator, please click here.