Prakriti, Doshas and Downdogs Teacher Training
Explore the ancient system of Ayurveda, the age-old Indian system of Medicine, the science of life, and discover how the 5 elements of space, air, fire, water and earth come together, form Doshas and influence our Prakriti or constitution, personality, the seasons, and our overall health. Ayurveda, ancient yet timeless, gives you the means of attaining and maintaining your own optimal health and well-being. The benefits of Ayurveda have been proven over thousands of years of use, and its methodologies are as applicable today as they were since thousands of years in India.
We are all unique beings with our own combination of the elements (doshas), and this beautiful system of understanding the mind-body-soul connection uses principles inherent in nature to help us understand imbalances and bring us back into equilibrium.
Through a deep but playful and creative exploration of asanas, pranayama, meditation, nutrition & food, as well as exploration of dincharya or daily routines, students will learn practical ways to balance the doshas and enhance every aspect of their lives.
This sister science to yoga helps you discover and experience the principles of functioning of your own body. You will also be guided in the art of sharing your knowledge with your students. Learn how to easily incorporate principles of Ayurveda into your own life, and also in your classes, class-themes, workshops and private sessions, as it works best for you.
Experience the gifts of Ayurveda and learn to combine the best of Ayurveda and Yoga as you understand more deeply the nature’s cycles of growth, harvest, stillness and rebirth.
Why combine Ayurveda and Yoga?
Ayurveda is the traditional healing modality of the Vedic culture from India. Ayurveda and Yoga are sister systems and complement each other. The concepts of one apply to the other. Though it is said to be around 5000 years old, Hindu scholars believe it to be much older. Ayurveda and Yoga have stood the test of time. Ayurveda is a Sanskrit word that literally translates as “the wisdom of life” or “the knowledge of longevity”. In accordance with this definition, Ayurvedic medicine views health as much more than the absence of disease – it aims at attaining complete balance and liberation. The wise seers and sages of the time, intuitively understanding the physiology and workings of the mind-body-spirit long before the advents of modern medicine, explained the basic principles of Ayurveda. Yoga helps us balance doshas through asanas, pranayama, meditation, kriyas, mudras, marmas, balancing of chakras and more. So, Ayurveda and Yoga combined together can help us achieve a balance in doshas.
The goal of Prakriti, Doshas and Downdogs is to meet students where they are at present, identify their imbalances and help them achieve balance through Yoga. Dr Sahdev’s Principles of Yoga Practice for Yoga Teachers and Therapists are especially more relevant from Yoga point of view.
This 85 Hours Prakriti, Doshas and Downdogs course is an advanced Speciality Yoga Teacher Training course and is taught under a Primary E-RYT 500. This can be taken up as an Elective for SAVY 500 (RYT 500) course in-Studio, or, as a separate course, online as well.
Credits of this course would be counted towards RYT 500 course only if taken in-Studio.
If you are looking for genuine Traditional Ashtanga and Vinyasa based Yoga Teacher Training Programs, then Yoga Teacher Training programs at SAVY International Inc, registered with Yoga Alliance USA, provide the correct answer. Dr Jitender K Sahdev, a senior faculty member, has been teaching yoga in India to all age groups for almost three decades. SAVY International Inc is an RYS 300 and RYS 200 Yoga school. SAVY brings exclusively traditional Ashtanga and Vinyasa Yoga, with all its wisdom and genius, to this part of the world. Joining a SAVY program is like embarking upon a journey to discover all this wisdom and genius, to fathom the depths, to scale the unknown heights, to dare to start to tap the unexplored, huge and enormous potential of the expanse of your consciousness, the journey to discover and know yourself in a more complete way!
Yoga Teachers and Yoga Teachers in Training interested in understanding Yoga, Ayurveda and their relation with each other. The certification program may also be of special interest to Physicians, Naturopaths, RMT’s, Chiropractors, PT (physical therapist), OT (occupational therapist), CSW (clinical social worker), RNs (registered nurses), or other healthcare professionals.
Strengths of the Program.
Dr Sahdev has developed Principles for Yoga Teachers and Therapists guiding Yoga practice. The biggest asset of Yoga Teacher Training programs at SAVY is that you get to train under an E-RYT 500 yoga teacher who has been actively practicing as a Physician in Modern Medicine in India for last almost three decades, along with working on and teaching Yoga, Yoga Therapy and Alternative Medicine. You get to imbibe and assimilate all that knowledge and understanding during your training!
You get to understand very clearly the very basic concepts of Ayurveda, laying a solid foundation for deeper understanding of the subject. You get to know about the eight limbs, as well as you are set on a path to know in depth about yoga postures, pranayama, meditation, mantra, marma, yogic kriyas, shatkarma and a lot more. Successful graduates will be well-trained to apply this knowledge in thier practice. In addition to this, the students also get a chance to get familiar with the correct perspective on Ayurveda, Pranayama, Marma Therapy, Mantra Yoga, Nada Yoga, Tantra Yoga, Primordial Sound Meditation, other dynamic and adynamic meditation techniques, Surya Yoga, Swara Yoga, Chandra Yoga, and lots of other lesser understood ancient sciences. Learning is a never-ending process, and this program provides great, basic, firm, sound and accurate information.
This training is appropriate for aspiring teachers as well as dedicated students who are interested in deepening their practice and understanding of Yoga.
What You’ll Learn
- Integrating a Dosha theme in a Yoga Class
- Introduction to Ayurveda
- Basic principles of Ayurveda
- Prakriti (body – type) analysis
- Determine your own body type with tridosha theory
- Concepts of Vata, Pitta and Kapha
- Concept of ahara vihara (life style according to Yoga & Ayurveda)
- Introduction to Dincharya (daily schedule)
- Asanas for Vata type
- Asanas for Pitta type
- Asanas for Kapha type
- Pranayama according to doshas
- Meditation according to doshas
- Eating according to your doshas
- Posture modification for doshas
- Examination of scientific research and data
- Marketing of your skills
- And as usual, a lot more…
The salient features of Registered Yoga Teacher Training at SAVY are:
- Breath, Bandhas, Drishti and Alignment based traditional ashtanga Yoga
- Yoga Alliance Registered SAVY 200 (RYT 200), SAVY 500 (RYT 500) courses
- Comprehensive, authentic, world class, one of the best training in all aspects of Yoga
- Authentic Traditional Ashtanaga and Vinyasa Yoga training based on authentic Yoga with its deep roots in India
- Asanas, Pranayama, Pratyahara, Dhyana, Kriyas. Chakras, Kundalini Awakening, Shatkarma, Marma, Mantra etc
- Clear, concise, to-the-point subject matter and instruction
- One of the most qualified, experienced faculty in the world
- Registered– become a Registered Yoga Teacher
- Preference for Dr Sahdev’s ‘Breathe and Heal’ Breathing Educator Program
- Train up to the highest level – RYS 200, RYS 300 Yoga School
- Go in for Speciality Yoga Teacher Training Programs
- Delve deep into the field of Yoga – Keep learning and sharing knowledge
- Know SAVY Yoga and be conversant with all styles of Yoga
- Affordable, easy payment schedule/ options available
This course is provided in online as well as in Studio directly under Primary E-RYT 500.
SAVY aims to bring the authentic, accurate, genuine and best teachings of yoga from the most respected schools in an encapsulated program for every student of Yoga, that will make proficient & confident teachers capable of teaching anywhere in the World and to a diverse audience.
The following description is applicable to Yoga professionals registered with Yoga Alliance, USA, and is provided as advisory:
- RYT 500. contact hours of 75 hours will be counted towards RYT 500 course if completed in-Studio under Primary E-RYT 500. Certification Test is mandatory for this purpose. Certificate of Merit and completion of the course will be issued to the candidates only after Certification Test.
- Contact Hours. Up to 75 Hours for Continuing Education can be claimed for this course as Contact Hours if taken in-Studio under Primary E-RYT 500. Certification Test is not mandatory for this purpose. Candidates will be provided a Certificate of Attendance for the course.
- Non-Contact Hours. 20-Hours for Continuing Education can be claimed for this course as non-Contact Hours if taken in-Studio under Primary E-RYT 500 or online. Certification Test is not mandatory for this purpose. Candidates will be provided a Certificate of Attendance for the course.
Though every care is taken to keep the information current, please do check and confirm for the latest updates at the time of registration for the course.
Professional from other streams of professions who choose to take up the course should check with their respective regulatory/ monitoring bodies.
Responsibility of SAVY International Inc. and its Directors, officials and other staff is only up to delivery of the course. No responsibility regarding credit of continuing education hours or acceptance for any other reason by other organizations/ institutes/ associations will be accepted/ entertained by SAVY International Inc. or any of its Directors, officials, teachers etc.
Please check the schedule of upcoming Yoga Teacher Training programs below:
Schedule of Upcoming Courses of Prakriti, Doshas and Downdogs Teacher Training
- In Studio Programs:
Week-dayFormat, Starting on
- February 18, 2015 ( 6 am to 10 pm*)
- Please confirm exact dates with the Studio.
Note: *Dates and times subject to confirmation.
Check the details and updates of schedule with the Studio.
Any change in schedule is at the sole discretion of SAVY International Inc.
Pre-requisites & Course Cost for Prakriti, Doshas and Downdogs Teacher Training (PDDTT)
Interested participants are invited to register for the program. Please register one month before the start date of the respective courses.
- Students applying for PDDTT course must provide an RYT 200 certificate from an RYS 200 school registered with Yoga Alliance. Professionals from other streams may submit their respective qualifications.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate a general level of health and fitness. If you do not fulfill these conditions, your case will be individually assessed.
- The Program Director will review the application to determine the preparedness of the applicant to participate in the program. Final selection will be subject to interview with the Program Director.
Registration Fee and Spot-Booking Fee will be applicable as described above.
Balance Tuition fee is to be deposited at least one month before the course starts.
Balance Tuition Fee Payment :
Lump sum Payment
(In addition to Registration Fee of $295 at the time of Registration and $500 Spot Booking Fee)
To be deposited 1 month before the start date of the course $1000.00
Register NOW to book your spot! Limited seats available.
To check the details of SAVY Yoga Mentorship Program (SYMP), please click here.
To know how to become a DSBH Breathing Educator, please click here.