Sun Salutations or Surya Namaskar – Yoga Fundamentals Series
SAVY Yoga has been serving the city of London and surrounding areas since 2011. To serve the people London in a better way, instead of serving some run-of-the-mill pseudo-yoga routines, we offer some very useful, true Yoga/ Pranayama routines, ranging from gentle to very challenging routines, for a beginner to an advanced student alike. Here, we bring to you a new series of classes on Yoga Fundamentals which introduce you and clarify to you the benefits of authentic traditional ashtanga Yoga.
Through demonstration, discussion and experiential movement, you will gain key understanding of proper posture and how to keep your body safe. As common sense dictates, one can function properly only if one is disease-free and is in a healthy state of body, mind and spirit. So, for us, your health and disease-free state comes first of all. We firmly believe Yoga is much beyond mere gymnastics and sauna!
London Yoga Classes at SAVY bring you the taste, values and expertise of the true traditional Ashtanga and Vinyasa Yoga from India. Inspired adherence to eight pillars or steps of yoga bestow one with a calm mind and fit body and lead one towards attaining moksha or liberation for an emancipated life. In more physical or materialistic terms, Yoga is more than capable of keeping one physically and mentally fit and disease-free. It has become the new hot and favored way to sweat it out. Yoga Fundamentals is a step in that direction.
Sun Salutations or Surya Namaskar
The Sun is the source of all energy and the supporter of all life-forms. In India, it is more than just a star and Indian culture respects and worships this powerful source of energy as a deity. Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutations, an integral part of Surya Yoga, is one way Hindus have always paid respect to the “Sun god” and in turn gain enormous health benefits. Surya Namaskar, also known in English as Sun Salutation is a well-known sequence of twelve asanas. The obvious characteristic of Surya Namaskar is the fact that it exercises the entire body. The Sun Salutation is a graceful sequence of twelve postures performed as one continuous exercise. Each position is reverse of the one before, stretching the body in a different way and alternatively expanding and contracting the chest to regulate the breathing. Sun Salutations or Surya Namaskar is yoga postures, breathing, mindfulness, meditation, bandhas, gaze, alignment etc – all rolled in one! It’s considered THE MOST COMPLETE EXERCISE ROUTINE! Sun Salutations or Surya Namaskar has many benefits and if done regularly can not only help you lose flab but can also help you combat diseases. Here are a few benefits of this asana.
- Surya Namaskar, or Sun Salutations, ideally done facing the early morning rising sun, helps our body to soak in the benefits of the rays of the sun.
- This is the best and most complete series of asanas to improve lymphatic circulation and drainage. Hence, it improves body immunity.
- Regular practice of this series of asanas can also help you lose the excess belly fat.
- The postures in Surya Namaskar stretch our muscles and help make our body very flexible.
- The moves and postures of the asana help all our internal organs function better — the various poses regulate our blood flow, benefit the digestive system and makes it more efficient.
- It helps combat insomnia as it relaxes the body and calms the mind.
- It helps regulate menstrual cycles and makes childbirth easier.
- This is known to facilitate blood circulation and thereby help hair growth and prevent hair problems.
- It reduces anxiety and restlessness and enhances our strength and vitality.
- Surya Namaskar benefits not just adults, but kids as well.
- From yoga point of view, it acts on Solar Plexus and regular practice of Surya Namaskar increases its size, hence increasing awareness and ‘gut feeling’ or intuition.
- It acts on and balances all chakras and helps you achieve complete health.
- The back and forth, up and down movements in Sun Salutations are fun and offer the opportunity to move playfully in the practice.
- They warm up the body for the practice of more asanas.
- Surya Namaskar improves . Some studies have revealed that sun salutations provided the best overall benefit for the heart, specifically the left ventricle. For excellence of health, the left ventricle must relax very rapidly after each contraction and then again contract rapidly and forcibly, to push blood into aorta. Sun Salutations improve this function.
- They bring the mind to a calm, serene yogic state.
- They help to overcome motivation issues.
- Sun Salutation is a very complete exercise. If you only have fifteen or twenty minutes to practice, doing Sun Salutations alone properly cover almost all the benefits of yoga postures.
- They keep your skills sharp.
The traditional format of Sun Salutations being taught at SAVY Studios helps you derive maximum benefits from this very useful yogic exercise. One feels so alive after just a few rounds of this!
You are most welcome to learn this routine and stay healthy.
This series will be held every month. Here are the details of the workshop:
- Physical Location : SAVY International North London Studio at 163 Concord Road London ON N6G 3H9, Or
- Online – You’ll be sent routine for each day.
- Formats: 3-Class Series
- Batches: One batch in the month it is offered.
- Days & Time:
- Group Sessions: Fridays, from 09:30 AM – 10:30 AM, or
- Private Sessions: By appointment
- Group Sessions: $150 for all 3 group sessions (+HST), or
- Private Sessions: $499 for all 3 private sessions (+HST)
- A firm commitment to complete the program without missing any class (except in an emergency).
- At the end of the one month program, incorporate the techniques learned in your practice. You may also sign-up for another month. Continue routine Yoga classes if you are already coming, or join classes at SAVY Studio.
- Components of Program:
- Surya Namaskar
- Pearls of Ancient Wisdom
The same program is also taught on one-on-one basis and online.
Please book your appointment for ‘Meet and Greet’.
Please check the exact schedule and time below.
Through demonstration, discussion and experiential movement, you will gain key understanding of proper postures and how to keep your body safe. As common sense dictates, one can function properly only if one is disease-free and is in a healthy state of body, mind and spirit. So, for us, your health and disease-free state comes first of all. We firmly believe Yoga is much beyond mere gymnastics and sauna!
- Improved General Health
- Anxiety Relief
- Stronger Bones
- Healthier Heart
- Healthy Weight
- Lower Stress Levels
- Increased Flexibility
- Lower Blood Pressure
- Improved Lung Capacity
- Improved Brain Function
- Greater Sense of Balance
- Better mind-body connexion
- Better Sexual Function & Libido
- Lower Blood Sugar Levels in Diabetics
- Relief from Chronic Back Pain and Neck Pain
- Better over-all quality of life & much more…
The salient features of London Yoga Classes of SAVY Healing Yoga are:
- Comprehensive, authentic, world class teaching and knowledge-base in all aspects of Yoga
- Authentic Ashtanaga and Vinyasa Yoga training based on true, traditional Yoga from India
- Asanas, Pranayama, Pratyahara, Dhyana, Kriyas. Chakras, Kundalini Awakening, Shatkarma, Marma, Mantra etc
- Clear, concise, to-the-point instruction and individualized care
- One of the most qualified, experienced, international faculty, well-trained in India with excellent teaching skills
- Yoga School with highest ranking of RYS 500 – we train yoga teachers up to the highest rank
- Yoga Therapy services for all diseases available
- Wonderful, knowledgeable, stable, regular, supportive, warm, welcoming yoga community
- Unique, specialized yoga classes – Sukshma Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga, Deep Stretch Yoga, Yoga for Face, Meditation Classes, Sun and Moon Salutations, Pranayama etc
- Workshops on interesting Yoga topics from time to time
- Delve deep into the field of Yoga – Keep learning and sharing knowledge
- Suitable time of classes
- Small size of even group classes
- Small Class Yoga for smaller groups
- Private sessions also available
- Decent studio and studio setting – enjoy the character and warmth of the Victorian heritage building
- Authentic Yoga at reasonable rates
Learn all that directly under expert guidance of one of the most qualified faculty in the world!
Please fill up your Registration and Waiver Form through London Yoga Classes page. Sign up today and live life to your full potential. Call or email for any inquiries.
Sign up today and live life to your full potential.
Book your spot today!
p style=”text-align: justify;”>*HST applicable on all payments.