South London SAVY Yoga – Yoga for Osteoporosis
SAVY Yoga has been serving the city of London and surrounding areas since 2011 under the most qualified and experienced faculty in LONDON and CANADA, and one of the most qualified and experienced faculty in the WORLD! To serve the people of London in a better way, instead of serving some run-of-the-mill pseudo-yoga routines, we offer some very useful and healing, authentic Yoga/ Pranayama routines, ranging from gentle to very challenging Yoga, for the beginner to the advanced student alike.
Here, we bring to you an introduction to Yoga classes being taught at our South London SAVY Yoga Studio.
Through demonstration, discussion and experiential movement, you will gain key understanding of proper postures and how to keep your body safe. As common sense dictates, one can function properly only if one is disease-free and is in a healthy state of body, mind and spirit. So, for us, your health and disease-free state comes first of all. Asanas, Pranayama, Mudras, Marmas, Kriyas, Pratyahara, Dharana, Dhyana – our Yoga is much more than mere gymnastics and sauna!
South London Yoga Classes at SAVY bring to you the taste, values and expertise of the true traditional Ashtanga and Vinyasa Yoga from India. Inspired adherence to the eight pillars or steps of yoga bestow one with a calm mind and fit body and lead one towards attaining an emancipated life. In more physical or materialistic terms, Yoga is more than capable of keeping one physically and mentally fit and disease-free. It has become the new hot and favoured way to sweat it out for better health. SAVY Yoga is a humble step in that direction.
Yoga for Osteoporosis
Yoga for Osteoporosis specifically addresses the problems of osteoporosis and osteopenia. Osteoporosis means an increased porosity of bones – a disorder that thins and weakens bones, making them more porous. The consequent danger is possible break, which is when many people discover they have had this ‘silent’ disease for some time. Osteopenia, or low bone density, is a precursor to osteoporosis that puts one at an increased risk of fracture.
For bone health, bone density as well as the structure of bone is important. Yoga not only helps grow bone mass, but also may stimulate the formation of a bone structure that is able to resist greater amounts of pressure, as well as many different types of challenges, because yoga poses pull and stretch the bones from every conceivable angle. There are other important ways in which yoga benefits people with osteoporosis, such as, improving balance, muscular strength, range of motion and coordination, lessening anxiety etc. Bringing down the level of stress hormones is an important factor which is achieved through Yoga. All these factors also help reduce the risk of falling.
Yoga for Osteoporosis includes Yoga postures which are of immense benefit in prevention of Osteoporosis or Osteopenia. The poses selected are such as can be done by everyone. These are based on classical Hatha Yoga postures, mindfulness and breathing exercises. Not all yoga postures are suitable for Yoga for Osteoporosis. This specific routine includes suitable asanas, mindfulness, mudras as well as breath control exercises which help in prevention of osteoporosis and osteopenia.
As one ages, a lack of flexible joints in the body increases the risk of pain. Exercises included in this routine also take care of that. This routine, in fact, increases one’s ability to perform other forms of yoga by having better lubricated, flexible joints. This also creates a better sense of balance and peace of mind.
Yoga for Osteoporosis routine educates the connective tissues of the body to stretch, which , in turn, stimulates periosteum to produce bony tissue. The postures focus more on neck, back, hips, thighs and legs. Focus on these tissues has a better effect on stretching and exercising of the bone and joints areas of the body.
This type of practice is beneficial to a wide variety of people. People of every age can do and receive the benefits of these exercises. These exercises also make you ready for getting deeper into yoga and meditation in a very subtle way.
This routine is suitable even for eating disorders, inpatient drug treatment centres, drug addiction rehab centres, or even for those seeking pain treatment and trauma recovery.
With the regular practice of this kind of yoga, you would be amazed to see how the yoga practice helps you not only in making a difference in your lives but also helps in overcoming so many health issues. Regular practice of Yoga ensures a long and healthy life.
You are most welcome to learn this routine and stay healthy.
This classes are offered regularly every month.
Here are required details of the classes:
- Time: On Thursday: 9:30 AM – 10:30 AM
- Where: SAVY International South London Studio at 119-D Exeter Road London ON N6L 1A4
- Formats: 1 Class every week for One Month (4 Class package)
- Batches: One batch per month.
- Commitment: A commitment to complete the program without missing any class (except in an emergency). Missed classes will not be compensated in any way.
- Cost: Total cost is $72 for one month program.
Please check the exact schedule and time below.
Benefits of Yoga for Osteoporosis
Yoga for Osteoporosis improves the body in a variety of ways. These may include:
- Better bone and joint health
- Flexibility of the body’s connective tissues and joints
- Greater strength
- Greater stamina
- Regulated energy levels
- Improved health
- Feeling calm and balanced
- Slowed signs of aging
- Deeper relaxation
- Stress levels lowered
- Improved meditation
- Improved practice of other forms of yoga
Established benefits of Yoga:
- Improved General Health
- Anxiety Relief
- Stronger Bones
- Healthier Heart
- Healthy Weight
- Lower Stress Levels
- Increased Flexibility
- Lower Blood Pressure
- Improved Lung Capacity
- Improved Brain Function
- Greater Sense of Balance
- Better mind-body connexion
- Better Sexual Function & Libido
- Lower Blood Sugar Levels in Diabetics
- Relief from Chronic Back Pain and Neck Pain
- Better over-all quality of life & much more…
The salient features of London Yoga Classes of SAVY Healing Yoga are:
- Comprehensive, authentic, world class teaching and knowledge-base in all aspects of Yoga
- Authentic Ashtanaga and Vinyasa Yoga training based on true, traditional Yoga from India
- Asanas, Pranayama, Pratyahara, Dhyana, Kriyas. Chakras, Kundalini Awakening, Shatkarma, Marma, Mantra etc
- Clear, concise, to-the-point instruction and individualized care
- One of the most qualified, experienced, international faculty, well-trained in India with excellent teaching skills
- Yoga School with highest ranking of RYS 500 – we train yoga teachers up to the highest rank
- Yoga Therapy services for all diseases available
- Wonderful, knowledgeable, stable, regular, supportive, warm, welcoming yoga community
- Unique, specialized yoga classes – Sukshma Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga, Deep Stretch Yoga, Yoga for Face, Meditation Classes, Sun and Moon Salutations, Pranayama etc
- Workshops on interesting Yoga topics from time to time
- Delve deep into the field of Yoga – Keep learning and sharing knowledge
- Suitable time of classes
- Small size of even group classes
- Small Class Yoga for smaller groups
- Private sessions also available
- Decent studio and studio setting – enjoy the character and warmth of the Victorian heritage building
- Authentic Yoga at reasonable rates
p style=”text-align: center;”>Sign up today and live life to your full potential.
Dr Jitender K Sahdev
President and Director of Teaching
Pleaseto learn more about Yoga. We would love to hear any suggestions or comments that you might have. Space is limited in courses and participation will be on a first-come-first-served basis. So, respond early to participate in this exciting, life-transforming Yoga experience.
p style=”text-align: justify;”>
Note : You should check with your health care professional before starting this or any new exercise program or breathing routine. This is especially important if you have any pre-existing health conditions, such as high blood pressure, migraines or heart or lung ailments. Women who are pregnant or think they might be pregnant should consult their physician before performing any of the breathing or physical exercises.
The information contained in the program is not intended to serve as a replacement for professional medical advice. Any use of the information in these programs/ workshops is at the reader’s discretion, risk and responsibility. The studio, author and the publisher specifically disclaim any and all liability arising directly or indirectly from the use or application of any information contained herein. A health care professional should be consulted regarding your specific situation.
*HST applicable on all payments. Conditions apply.